Model Cars Magazine Forum

Name That Tune....

JollySipper

"Underrated" and "competent" aren't mutually exclusive, especially when so many people seem to have such a low opinion of Ringo.

Can't disagree with you on Moon. Come to think of it, we could have a pretty good thread on who's overrated and who's underrated in rock. B)

yes we could. I can hear it now.....

that's exactly what the Beatles needed. someone not to step on the guitar work of John and George. I really think the music was secondary to the Beatles lyric writing. me, I am not a Beatles fan, don't own one Beatles album, but can appreciate everything that they have done. the band I don't get is the

Rolling Stones. don't think any of those guys can hold a candle to the Beatles talent.

The Beatles are (were) brilliant, and no-one can touch Lennon as a vocalist. But I have to point out that the Stones are the best dam' rock and roll band on the planet. We may have to agree to disagree on this!

But please Harry, to see you mentioning Dave Grohl in the context of great drummers has quite spoilt my day! I agree with the others you list. But to each their own :)

The Beatles are (were) brilliant, and no-one can touch Lennon as a vocalist. But I have to point out that the Stones are the best dam' rock and roll band on the planet. We may have to agree to disagree on this!

But please Harry, to see you mentioning Dave Grohl in the context of great drummers has quite spoilt my day! I agree with the others you list. But to each their own :)

Excellent Don, that is why we are here. to throw this stuff out and talk, chat, argue our musical beliefs (on a professional level , of course). and I will agree to disagree on that. great rock-n-roll band, yea, I will give you that, great stage antics, but I don't think their talent is anywhere near the Beatles.

but I will say that the cover of this song, even live (get your ya yas out) is one of the best covers ever!!

Well I followed her to the station

With a suitcase in my hand

Edited by tubbs

Excellent Don, that is why we are here. to throw this stuff out and talk, chat, argue our musical beliefs (on a professional level , of course). and I will agree to disagree on that. great rock-n-roll band, yea, I will give you that, great stage antics, but I don't think their talent is anywhere near the Beatles.

but I will say that the cover of this song, even live (get your ya yas out) is one of the best covers ever!!

Well I followed her to the station

With a suitcase in my hand

;) That'll be Love in Vain by the aforementioned best rock'n'roll band in the world! I You're so right about the point of this thread, the whole forum in fact.

I say this a s a fan of Dave Grohl: You're right, he's not a great drummer. His drumming with Nirvana was very powerful, but very basic. I think he turned out to be a much better guitarist and songwriter, when he started the Foo Fighters project.

Sorry to spoil your day, Don... ^_^ maybe I listed Dave Grohl because he just totally gets into it when he's drumming.

He seems to just become one with the drums. I guess I admire his enthusiasm... :D

Fair point! Speaking of enthusiasm, here's one that always gave 200% (the inspiration for Animal on the Muppets, Jake?):

post-12614-0-99402000-1413362370.jpg

Edited by DonW

I say this a s a fan of Dave Grohl: You're right, he's not a great drummer. His drumming with Nirvana was very powerful, but very basic. I think he turned out to be a much better guitarist and songwriter, when he started the Foo Fighters project.

Yes, he's certainly a good musician. Just doesn't chime with me, that's all!

Sorry to spoil your day, Don... ^_^ maybe I listed Dave Grohl because he just totally gets into it when he's drumming.

He seems to just become one with the drums. I guess I admire his enthusiasm... :D

I heard a rumor that he was pulled out of the drumming roll for the Foo Fighters because he was too fast and powerful. he dominated the songs. don't know how true it is, but it seem like it would be true.

haha, I love these off the wall songs, this reached #2 on the billboard top 100 for 1991.

Come inside, take off your coat, I'll make you feel at home.

Now let's pour a glass of wine 'cause now we're all alone.

I've been waiting all night so just let me hold you close to me,

'Cause I've been dyin' for you girl and make love to me.

another one I would not get, but I know the song, oh boy do I. I don't think I could kit the radio button fast enough. they do have one song I like though.

another off the wall song...

I feel a hot wind on my shoulder

And the touch of a world that is older

Turn the switch and check the number

Leave it on when in bed I slumber

I hear the rhythms of the music

I buy the product and never use it

I hear the talking of the dj

Can't understand just what does he say?

haha, I love these off the wall songs, this reached #2 on the billboard top 100 for 1991.

Come inside, take off your coat, I'll make you feel at home.

Now let's pour a glass of wine 'cause now we're all alone.

I've been waiting all night so just let me hold you close to me,

'Cause I've been dyin' for you girl and make love to me.

another one I would not get, but I know the song, oh boy do I. I don't think I could kit the radio button fast enough. they do have one song I like though.

Color me bad- I wanna sex you up

Color me bad- I wanna sex you up

dang Carl, your good. I even wrote that one down figuring I would have to go back to it cause nobody would get it. remember those guys, I laughed every time I heard their name. I do like "all 4 love" but I wont admit it!!

dang Carl, your good. I even wrote that one down figuring I would have to go back to it cause nobody would get it. remember those guys, I laughed every time I heard their name. I do like "all 4 love" but I wont admit it!!

My wife liked the song and played it while we dated. I don't care for it..

another off the wall song...

I feel a hot wind on my shoulder

And the touch of a world that is older

Turn the switch and check the number

Leave it on when in bed I slumber

I hear the rhythms of the music

I buy the product and never use it

I hear the talking of the dj

Can't understand just what does he say?

Mexican Radio by Wall of Voodoo

Mexican Radio by Wall of Voodoo

nice!!! correct.

ok... according to this web site...

http://digitaldreamdoor.com/pages/best_metal-songs.html

(which is a kick-butt web page I might ad)

this is the #1 metal song of all time!!

i'm waiting in my cold cell when the bell begins to chime

Reflecting on my past life and it doesn't have much time

'Cause at 5 o'clock they take me to the Gallows Pole

The sands of time for me are running low

no cheating.....

Edited by tubbs