Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hawk Midget Replica in Brass

Art Laski

Thanks for the inspiration, fellas, but I'm going to have to take a break on this one for just a little bit while I ready some projects for GSL. It became clear to me that this one isn't going to make it. But keep it on the brain- I'll get back to it as soon as possible!

Art... I completely uderstand having to put it aside to get projects done for GSL. Just promise to bring this work of art in progress to thr DSC. I am hoping to have the funny done for GSL but have a feeling its gonna be sitting on the under construction projects table... lol guess you can say I didnt plan things out too well.

Edited by Mooneyzs

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wish I was posting an update, as it's been way too long, but for those of you in Indiana, this car is actually making it's racing return tomorrow night. My brother is getting it back together to run the Tony Stewart Midget Classic at the Indianapolis Speedrome. If you're in Indy, check it out!

• 6 months later...

Brad, you're exactly right. It is SCREAMING at me and I'm dying to get back to it. Unfortunately, I have a couple of other projects I need to finish up ahead of time (or somewhat concurrently). But, I just bought some metal to use on the lathe so I can do some of the machine work I need to on this one. Can't wait!

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Well, the time has come and I'm finally getting back to this one, and I couldn't be happier about it. Pulling it back out, I found some issues with the front suspension as I was trying to mock it up, so I made those adjustment, but there's really nothing to see there, so I don't have pics of that.

The next step is to get the rear suspension fabricated. I made this hokey little jig to get everything lined up, and I'm glad I did, because a few needed adjustments came to light. Anyway, not a lot to see yet, but here a few pics as proof that it's back in action!

Thanks for looking!

• 4 months later...