Model Cars Magazine Forum

41 chevy pickup - little different

Just stumbled across your thread Andy. Glad I finally did and will be following along like many others. Great build you've got going and your fabrication skills are something to see. Cheers, Tim

thanks again everyone. Your comments are very motivating and appreciated.

Tackled the block detail and pulleys this morning, I was dreading this part because I knew this would be what either made this engine, or threw the whole thing off. I am very pleased with how it turned out, and while not 100% accurate or perfect, I think its quite convincing.

Cut up a modern ford motor to get the front of the engine detail and pulleys and belts. a cut here and there and it was good to go.

DSC00300_zpsjftxrlua.jpg

DSC00299_zps9ekjpiwm.jpg

fit in the engine compartment, Ill source an alternator and make a bracket next.

DSC00304_zps6q6gma0r.jpg

still a little cleanup needed, but that's pretty much everything..

DSC00305_zpskdqc7znk.jpg

• 9 months later...

Really glad to see this build back in the mix! Absolutely out of this world sourcing and mixing of different component parts.Your eye for the smallest of details like the alignment  of the exhaust flanges is second to none.Great stuff! Thanks for taking the time to taake all the photos and keep us in the loop with your progress.

Really glad to see this build back in the mix! Absolutely out of this world sourcing and mixing of different component parts.Your eye for the smallest of details like the alignment  of the exhaust flanges is second to none.Great stuff! Thanks for taking the time to taake all the photos and keep us in the loop with your progress.

yup.. i was pressuring him about getting back on this yesterday Tom... maybe he will listen to both of us.  ;)