Model Cars Magazine Forum

Shelby Cobra 427s/c

Yo Jutt

Hi all hope everyone had very happy holidays. I just picked up this kit at the hobby shop today. I was googling for pictures but all I seem to find are body pics. Was wondering if any of you would have decent reference pics. Thanks!!

post-14733-0-24209100-1420790031_thumb.j

I'm no Cobra expert but I think they are awesome cars. Lookin' forward to the build.

These are more photography based and are of a replica but are shots I would use in a build. Refine your search criteria to 427 AC Cobra build to get more shots. See if this helps you out in getting you started Andy: http://cobracountry.com/images-B4afters/CobraPhotos-DunRite.html

Edited by mustang1989

Thanks guys this is a big help.. The build won't be getting started right away unfortunately.. But I just was wanting to figure out how I want the build to go!! I like work plan out my work then work out my plan lol!!!. Thanks again!!

..... See if this helps you out in getting you started Andy: http://cobracountry.com/images-B4afters/CobraPhotos-DunRite.html

Always had a weak spot for 427 Cobras, and one of these days I need to get on with my V12 berlinetta project. Slightly annoying thing about all my various projects is how my photo & web link references come from so many scattered places. The link above is fabulous for having so much in one spot!

Hey Justin, a couple of things to know about this kit. I built it but have to do some cleanup because I ran into issues with installing the windshield. It's not the easiest thing to install, especially once you've painted the body. If I had it to do all over again I'd install some locating pins on it. You might have other ideas but test fit it before painting the body. And those little vent windows, well have fun with those.

Also, the engine is too tall once it's installed in the car and causes the hood to stick open a tad. There's a post out there from others who've had the same problem. So if you go with an alternative carb setup keep that in mind.

All in all it's a nice kit and the end results can be impressive. Have fun.