Model Cars Magazine Forum

37 Ford Cabriolet

Cesar Bossolani

I Am thoroughly Impressed. The work you have done, is all top grade in My Eyes. If I could offer some advice on the frame. You could Strengthen them better, and not have it show. If You melted some brass 3/32 rod into the frame with a hot Iron to Imbed it into the frame, then used some slow setting epoxy to cover over it. You would get a stronger reinforced joint. Just a thought I had when seeing those breaks.

I Am thoroughly Impressed. The work you have done, is all top grade in My Eyes. If I could offer some advice on the frame. You could Strengthen them better, and not have it show. If You melted some brass 3/32 rod into the frame with a hot Iron to Imbed it into the frame, then used some slow setting epoxy to cover over it. You would get a stronger reinforced joint. Just a thought I had when seeing those breaks.

I had a pair of glass fixed this way as a kid . It was not brass but steel wire melted into the frame of the glasses. Just like new when they were given back to me.

Thanks guys for all posts!!

On the first frame repair I used brass and CA glue then Tamiya Light Curing Putty (BTW is an awesome putty)

Caesar, can you tell us more about the front suspension build up and what parts you used?

Thanks!

Steve, for IFS I used kit "A" arms with some mods and machined coilovers in my Sherline anf for IRS I modified kit'm mounts, fab links and machined coilovers in my Sherline. All springs came from lighter.

Thanks

• 6 months later...

Cesar, you never cease to amaze me.  It's great you decided to pick this one back up.  It's one of my favorite kits of all times.

When I first saw this pic, I thought "What kind of battle axe are you building?"

%7Boption%7Dhttp://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o278/bossolani/37 Cabriolet/37_cabrio_105_zpszskjc8ad.jpg

Cesar, you never cease to amaze me.  It's great you decided to pick this one back up.  It's one of my favorite kits of all times.

When I first saw this pic, I thought "What kind of battle axe are you building?"

37_cabrio_105_zpszskjc8ad.jpg

Cesar.......Hello my friend,  glad to see you are still building .....

I was blown away with the pics, great work keep it up....And STOP breaking things, the chassis was bad enough but now the A pillars ???? 

Looking forward to more of the same......  

Edited by Lowlife ! !