Model Cars Magazine Forum

Titan 90 Fleet Truck with Petroleum Tanker

Hello again,

This truck was completed about 5 years ago and decided to make this my second entry to the site.The truck was built mostly stock out of the box with just a few modifications.As i'm sure most of you know that the cab on these kits sit way to high when compared to the real trucks,so the kits frame rail molded cab hinge locators were removed,and new "lowered" locators were fabricated along with re-positioning the rear cab rests. The front bumper was pushed out slightly to not only improve the looks of the truck,but to also allow the cab to tilt fully,(the lowered cab interfered with bumper when tilting the cab,which explains why AMT exaggerated cab height originally).Also,the grille surround was thinned so the grille would fit flusher to the cab to better replicate the real truck. And authentic paint graphics tops everything off. The tanker was modified by removing the frame and gasoline delivery tubes and valves,and smoothing the tanker body. Everything else was either built from scratch or re-purposed to suit this build. Anyway,barely got these photo's in before it started raining! Let me know what you think,and thanks again.

post-14900-0-63467600-1421093109_thumb.j

post-14900-0-99461800-1421093172_thumb.j

post-14900-0-23382200-1421093261_thumb.j

post-14900-0-92292800-1421093338_thumb.j

post-14900-0-53310400-1421093391_thumb.j

post-14900-0-55935000-1421093458_thumb.j

post-14900-0-72976100-1421093552_thumb.j

post-14900-0-22343400-1421093602_thumb.j

Very nice! personally I am a big fan of "real" looking truck models/old-school and this one surely fits that bill. The rain-caps are a nice touch too! a must on a Detroit! Fit and finish on this truck is first rate,i like it! thanks for posting...................Mark

boy do I like this one! just beautiful work, outstanding looking combo.

I need to ask two favors of you, one is, more pictures of that tanker, but a little closer, would like to see how you built it really, as you have really made that tanker look fabulous!

the second being, I am about to start a titan kit, and would like more info on lowering the cab like you did.

any info you could pass along would be great, thanks.

boy do I like this one! just beautiful work, outstanding looking combo.

I need to ask two favors of you, one is, more pictures of that tanker, but a little closer, would like to see how you built it really, as you have really made that tanker look fabulous!

the second being, I am about to start a titan kit, and would like more info on lowering the cab like you did.

any info you could pass along would be great, thanks.

Thanks tbill for your interest in this build.I'll get you a few more pictures of the tanker as soon as time permits,and will probably have to draw you up a diagram on how to lower the cab,It's much easier to show you than to explain it i believe.

Not sure how I missed this one, either.....This is really good, Man....Just a great all around job....The mods are awesome......Great photography, too.....I love that old rug or blanket.....Looks like it's sitting in a dirt field.....I like that......

Edited by kilrathy10