Model Cars Magazine Forum

50 Olds Custom 7 Hr. Build, New Pictures

Porscheman

I was going to enter the 24 hour build on Facebook, but I didn't get in in time. So I decided to do it anyways. I started at noon today with a brand new Olds kit. I painted it Testors flaming orange lacquer and then 3 coats of Testors wet look clear lacquer. The interior was done in Tamiya's primer grey and the windows were tinted witn Tamiya's clear red. The tires and wheels are from a Danbury Mint 55 Cadillac, an ebay find. BMF all over and polished out with The Treatment model wax.
Let me know what you think.
Al

Edited by Porscheman

Thank you everyone. I really liked doing this quick build and I think the Danbury Mint's wire wheels really set this build off. I gotta find more of these. Carl, I just glued the wheels to the drum brakes and use some small hub caps for the centers.

Al

Edited by Porscheman

Unbeliavable! I'm building a '50 Oldsmobile right now and I started it in the summer of 2013... I could only hope that it would turn half as good as this.

Honestly I can't believe that it is possible to build this nice model in that little time, but if anyone can do it, it's you. Fantastic work all over, especially that paint job and BMF look really good. Nice and clean assembly too.

Unbeliavable! I'm building a '50 Oldsmobile right now and I started it in the summer of 2013... I could only hope that it would turn half as good as this.

Honestly I can't believe that it is possible to build this nice model in that little time, but if anyone can do it, it's you. Fantastic work all over, especially that paint job and BMF look really good. Nice and clean assembly too.

Thank you Niko. I always try to push myself to the limit. After suffering a stroke a couple of years ago, I want to make sure I finish everything I start as soon as possible. You never know :D

Al