Model Cars Magazine Forum

'50 Oldsmobile Club Coupe Mild Custom.

W-409

A Big Thank You to everyone for the kind comments!!!

I like those colors a lot as well and paint job turned out pretty good. I have always liked the shape of this car and I'm very glad to have one on my shelf now. It's also a great basis for a kit bashing project, especially that engine would fit in many Hot Rods...

Ronnie: Post pics when you get started with yours, I'm very interested in seeing more of these built as Customs. I've never been a fan of fender skirts myself, and that's probably the reason why they can't be seen on my builds very often. :)

Steven: I've always liked steel wheels a lot, with or without dog dishes. As you said, they work very well with white walls.

Mike: Yep, doing engine modifications was one way to create something not everyone has done. I think it looks really good with two carbs instead of that original setup. B)

Thanx again to everyone! Each and every comment is highly appreciated! B)

Niko.... this build turned out Beautiful. I love the color choices you went with. It makes the car pop. I do have to admit that a while back when I first saw the steel wheels painted I knew it was gonna be a cool build. I Actually picked up on these kits because of this build. It was an inspirstion to me to build a mild custom or two in between some of my 1/16 drag builds. I am a big fan of your work. I just love how this one turned out. Job well done my friend.

Gene... Thanks, it means a lot! That is true - my skills have improved a lot and it's nice to be able to build models that I'm happy with, even if there is always lots of room for improvement.

Chris.... Thanks so much! It's nice that I was able to inspire you to build an Oldsmobile. It means a lot that you like my work, even if my work is hudreds of miles behind of yours - and I really like to follow your projects because of that. I agree that the colors work really well together and those open steel wheels fit nicely under this body.

Ira... Thank You! I didn't go as far with the details as I did with my Dodge Charger Daytona that I finished last year. Though, this car has lots of less electronics so there was much less detail to add, but still I kept this a bit more simple. But I like it too and I'm glad you do as well.