Model Cars Magazine Forum

1940 Ford Sedan delivery Deluxe.

Lovefordgalaxie

• 3 weeks later...

Great looking Delivery, looks like you have done a lot of work on it. How was the partsfit on this kit for you?

I have the Three Stooges release in front of me and that has a lot of flash and many details look really faint.

Thanks again guys!!!

Great looking Delivery, looks like you have done a lot of work on it. How was the partsfit on this kit for you?

I have the Three Stooges release in front of me and that has a lot of flash and many details look really faint.

The parts fit is good. There is necessary to cut one of the transversal reinforcements of the fenders assembly, so the cargo floor will fit between the fenders like it should.

Another thing is that you have to fill the rear taillight buckets on the fenders and scratchbuild the correct Sedan Delivery single taillight

• 1 year later...

I was researching Tamiya TS-11 Maroon as a possible substitute for Ford Mandarin Maroon and much to my delight happened on a couple of your projects using it, this one and the '40 Ford Tudor you did, I'm a big fan of your impeccable work and can trust to the clarity and accuracy of your excellent photography as well. The result is this was the confirmation I needed to go ahead with TS-11. I have one question, though. What color primer did you apply under it? I find that this strongly influences the final shade.

Thanks in advance for any help. This fine model is definitely worth the bump that will result! LOL!

I was researching Tamiya TS-11 Maroon as a possible substitute for Ford Mandarin Maroon and much to my delight happened on a couple of your projects using it, this one and the '40 Ford Tudor you did, I'm a big fan of your impeccable work and can trust to the clarity and accuracy of your excellent photography as well. The result is this was the confirmation I needed to go ahead with TS-11. I have one question, though. What color primer did you apply under it? I find that this strongly influences the final shade.

Thanks in advance for any help. This fine model is definitely worth the bump that will result! LOL!

Thanks!!

I used no primer whatsoever. Unless the Tamiya paint is metallic I use no primer.