Model Cars Magazine Forum

1968 Charger R/T

gtx6970

My first completed model in over 18 months,,maybe even closer to 2 years.

This is a replica of a 1/1 car I am restoring for a customer.. Real RT Charger 440 spd Dana. EEL Dark Blue metallic with white interior.

Model is painted in nason single stage enamel using my airbrush ,, with a Upol urethane clear topcoat right out of the rattle can. Rubbed out by hand.

I tried to do the model to replicate the vision of how I think the car is going to be. BUT, Things like tires and wheels are still undecided,,,, and we might go with headers on the real car.

But I like the redlines look on stock chrome magnum rims,so thats the way I finished it . Its pretty much box stock with exception to a MAD prewired dist. and I ran battery cables and fuel lines .The redline tires are from the parts box,,no idea what they're out of .

Interior is sprayed in a duplicolor white that dried to a nice vinyl like sheen to it . Embossing powder for carpeting( even thoough you cant see it once all asembled. )

For whats essemtially an afterthought quickie type build. I like it . I'll call it done till I find my decal sheet to get the sidemarker decals for it and a rearview mirror from the parts box.

And, yes. I know its missing the windshield wipers.. I broke one when removing it from the chrome tree , so I gotta dig in the parts box and hope I find a set that match .

I am meeting the cars owner next weekend and will present it to him then . So all this is just to give it away,,,thats gonna be tough.

Comments of all kinds wlecome.

Lrear.jpg

left-front.jpg

Rfront.jpg

chassis.jpg

engine-room.jpg

Interior-a.jpg

Edited by gtx6970

Thanks all for the kind words. I did get the final details finished up on it friday night ( windshield wipers and such )

But , Its gone. I gave it to the 1/1 cars owner yesterday afternoon. And even though he knew I was building it,,he was absolutley floored when I told him it was his to keep .

Very nice work. The engine bay looks great.

I see a washer fluid container under the hood... but where are the windshield wipers? :blink:

Wipers were added on after these pictures were taken. ....basically the night before I gave it to the owner of the actual car it replicates.

Thanks all for the kind words.

I really appreciate it. I was real happy with how it came out..and the owner was simply overwhelmed