Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 56 Ford F-100-Now Under Glass-01/02

That'll be good to see you again buddy!! :D

Sorry I haven't been around for a bit but I've been out of pocket for the last couple of days. Me and my family went to a lake cabin for the weekend and it was great !!! Spent the whole weekend not doing a dang thing except relaxing and it was long overdue. No demands on our time, no computer and definitely no family/ relatives nagging at us. Just straight up family time. emotion-2.gif

The cabin:

2015-06-06%202015-06-06%20001%20005_zps6

The pier:( the view right outside of the cabin)

2015-06-07%202015-06-07%20001%20001_zpst

and the scene out on the pier at sundown:

2015-06-06%202015-06-06%20001%20013_zpsg

I didn't catch a thing but I had a great time!! emotion-11.gif

The Sedan Delivery you have isn't too hard to find. I'm finding that the 41 Willy's, the 54 Chevy Panel wagon and the 29 Model A Pick up are tough to get ahold of. You can buy the 56 F-100's fairly easy and the Chopped Duece is also fairly attainable. I buy copies of the kit in the newer releases which are cleaned up quite a bit. The new release of the 56 F-100 and the 54 Panel Wagon will be extremely helpful in the modification department as they are easy to come by right now.

Thanks Mike! I'm still pluggin' away at it but nothing worth pics at this point. There's a lot of loose ends to tie up even so far!!! lol. Hopefully this weekend will afford me some good opportunity to work on it and show some sort of progress! That's a nifty lil' wagon you've got goin' there.

Ok folks I've got an update...............FINALLY!!!! I took a break from the suspension/ brake system build up to concentrate all my efforts on what I dreaded the most....the flame decals. As I was applying the decals I suddenly remembered back 30+ years ago when I built this kit for the first time my experience with them. You see, there so much clear carrier film intermixed with the flames that they don't conform too well to all the contours of the hood...................AT ALL! Large bubbles and air pockets everywhere!! My first thought was to do what I did 30 years ago and pull 'em off and say screw it! I bought myself a little time to think by removing the decal from the hood and leaving in a bowl of water overnight. Last night I laid the decal out on a paper towel to dry somewhat and began cutting out the clear carrier film from the flames (BTW these decals are as tough as a boot!! Especially for being 32 years old!!!!!) . This morning I re-applied the decal with ALOT of Microsol. It took me the better part of 3 hours of smoothing and cutting the clear carrier from the edges of the flames to get this result. I've got my procedure down now and the other side won't be half this much work. I've still got a little work to do on it in the way of tidying up and applying a small area of flames on this side but I had to take a dang break!! :mellow:

2015-06-12%202015-06-12%20002%20001_zps4

Edited by mustang1989