Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

California Hauler Peterbilt.

I've kicked off building one of these, I always wanted one of the original issues but never seemed to win one when they popped up on ebay and was stoked when they reissued this kit even if it's missing the green windows. I'm planning on building it basically standard out of box with maybe a few little mods.

The chassis went together really well, nice and square after I removed all the mould lines. I painted it Duplicolour Magma red. I started assembling the engine and the diffs, making slow progress. I managed to get the cab and bonnet painted in Duplicolour Imperial blue.

It's been going together well just a little slow with other projects on the go as well.

Sorry about the iphone quality pics, I'll get some better shots over the next few days.

pete2_zpsydjwnekh.jpg

pete1_zpszoib3egp.jpg

pete_zpspslmuc1j.jpg

Good start on a classic kit! I like your color choice. Is this going to be an Aussie style rig? or American?

Everyone complains about the AMT kits and the mold lines and other things. But with a little care and forethought. You can build a really good model.

IMO getting a true chassis starts with removing mold lines and care squaring up of the cross members. The molding techniques back in the day. Did not really allow true 90 Degree square corners. So some care is needed to acomlish that.

Be Well

Gator

Edited by gatorincebu

• 2 months later...