Model Cars Magazine Forum

One More "Repost", '65 Chrysler 300

StevenGuthmiller

As usual, another practically flawless model from you.

But I have to wonder how many people who sprang for a top of the line Chrysler would have gone with the "el cheapo" dog dish hubcaps...

Nobody Harry! :) As far as I could tell, they were never even an option on the 300 in '65. When I got the kit, it had some rather crappy 5 spoke mags on it. So I had to make a choice. Either order a set of stock caps from Modelhaus, (which I never liked the looks of anyway), use some sort of chrome aftermarket wheels, which I thought would make this big luxury boat look cheesy, or go with a set of "what if" dog dishes. I just thought it would add some interest & I guess it has. Everybody seems to make comments about them. Anyway, I kind of like the look on this car. Steve

Never apologize for showing your work, Steve, it's great stuff.

The 1965-66 Chryslers are among my favorite cars. A junkyard near here had one for sale years ago. I wish I had had the money and a spot for it. I think it was a '66 300 in black with a white interior. Really neat car.

The dog-dishes are an interesting touch. I might've gone with something like Astro wheels for that- those look good without looking cheesy.

Charlie Larkin