Model Cars Magazine Forum

Stutz Black Hawk 1928 LSR

signmike

Started this fancy project this week. It is a resin and white metal 1/24 kit from Etzel Classic I bought at last year's NNL East.

Finally decided to attack it...

It is a curbside kit that is very well molded, as expected,some little pinholes have to be taken care of. The paint is not easy to apply since I experimented some static electricity. The paint have to be applied in very thin coats...

Anyway it's only minor...here's some photos

Sanstitre1-vi.jpg

IMG_2326-vi.jpg

The wheel fairing are painted Alclad dk aluminium. The body is painted but there is a run on the bottom that I'll have to fix tonight

IMG_2329-vi.jpg

Very nice, Michel! I asked for and received this kit as a Christmas gift. Such a cool subject :) .

Is this kit back in production? I love what you are doing!

The kit is being produced by American Racing Miniatures. If you look at the box in the first picture, you will see their name on th box.

I don't know if it still is unn production, I ough it a NNL East, 2 men were there witha bunch of it, they look like producers, I did'nt check

Yes, it is in production again. The two partners in Historic Racing Miniatures purchased all the mastering and rights to the Etzel's Speed Classics series of resin/white metal historic American race cars over a year ago.

I still remember being in awe, watching Chris (whom I've known since he was a 5-yr old) craft all the parts for his kits--Terry Jessee paid this particular kit a magnificent compliment in the other magazine: "The World's First Snap-Together Resin Kit" (a testament to the precision of the Stutz Blackhawk.

Art

Yes, it is in production again. The two partners in Historic Racing Miniatures purchased all the mastering and rights to the Etzel's Speed Classics series of resin/white metal historic American race cars over a year ago.

I still remember being in awe, watching Chris (whom I've known since he was a 5-yr old) craft all the parts for his kits--Terry Jessee paid this particular kit a magnificent compliment in the other magazine: "The World's First Snap-Together Resin Kit" (a testament to the precision of the Stutz Blackhawk.

Art

I believe it is American Racing Miniatures, not Historic Racing Miniatures.

• 2 weeks later...