[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

• Dave Ambrose

General Usage   05/10/2017

If someone is acting badly, either in a forum or a private message, please report it. There are conveniently located buttons for sending the post to the moderators. 

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Despicable Me. (We are all kids at heart!)

Love it. Definitely would like to see a how to on the project.
  3. 68 Roadrunner

I would have to agree with Scott on this build. Some have PoPo'd this kits body but I think it looks great the way you have presented it.
  4. Despicable Me. (We are all kids at heart!)

Very cool, great build as well
  5. Canadian Hobby Shops

In Calgary, there's P M Hobbycraft https://www.pmhobbycraft.ca/ Trains & Such , like the name says, is about model railways, but they have a great selection of styrene and brass as well as paint http://trainsandsuch.com/
  6. Beautiful paint job. This polished out nicely.
  7. What would YOU like to see as a model

Cunningham C4
  8. What Pleased You Today!

Sounds great Vince, as I have a 4 1/2 year old grandson that I play Hot Wheels with, and maybe when he's about six years old I'll try to introduce him to model car building. Whether he takes to it or not I really don't care as it is MY hobby that I had started back in the mid-50's and still enjoy it today.
  9. What non-auto model did you get today?

Glad to hear it. I would have bought it last week, but couldn't remember if I'd already built one. What I'd built was the Italeri M24 Chaffee, another light tank. And did do the M41 in ROCO HO scale. (These are fun!)
  10. Revell A.G. die-cast front tires

I would be happy to get just one pair of the front tires at this point if someone would be able to help me out. If need be I might be willing to trade for the entire kit.
  11. ONCE UPON A TIME..... (game)

with flying monkeys
  12. AMT's 53 Corvette.

Well done.
  13. What Pleased You Today!

Thats good to hear too Vince.... !
  14. This is gonna be great, one of my favorite shows as a kid.
  15. Fast Trax Resin '61 Falcon

Well, not all casters do. I don't slush cast (never have); but I have been casting for over a decade without a pressure pot. If you know what you are doing you can get good results without one.......not that I have any problem with using one. In fact, I have one in the shop; but have not been able to acquire the rest of the parts and equipment I need to get it up and operational......like a new air compressor. It does limit how many times you can make a pour (casting) in a day though depending on the type of resin you are using. Norm (Replicas and Miniatures) told me that his resin takes 24 hours to cure; and I know he is using pressure pots. This means he can only make one casting out of a mold a day; where I can make 2 or 3 if I'm in a time crunch.
  16. 1953 Hudson Hornet Lowrider

excellent job , looks awesome. great color combo
  17. Today
  18. A fun project- Mix and Match 2 69 Camaros

Well, I tried to move the valve cover, but the Superglue bond threatened to crack the block before the cover came loose, so I had to leave it. I did complete the other side of the smog system. At this point, the engine is pretty much done, other than heater hoses and parts that will connect in the engine bay. I could potentially try to add a few more details, but the air cleaner is pretty large and obscures a lot, so I’ll probably focus on detail that can be seen on the shelf. Moving on, I got clear on the Fathom Green body. I love this color. I’ll polish it out and wax it in the next day or so. I actually had put the white SS hockey stripe on the left side of the body, as I really liked that look in the reference pic above, but comparing it to the other side, I decided to leave it off.
  19. Ford COE cabs:'37-'47, '48-'52, '53-'55(or 6)

Beautify done '38. There are a ton of things to build with that cab. Thanks for sharing.
  20. What Pleased You Today!

Spent last weekend doing the same thing with my 7year old grandson he's starting to glue and paint now and having a ball! vince
  21. What non-auto model did you get today?

I just started that kit today picked mine up on eBay for like $12 from horizon models! Really nice tank to build! vince
  22. Star Models Resin Parts

This would make unique team with the box as a trailer behind the truck. Load it up with ladders and buckets for a house painter's or handyman' s rig.
  23. More kits looking for a good home! More kits added!

I added some more kits and planning on a bunch more on Monday! vince
  24. Despicable Me. (We are all kids at heart!)

Kudos on a really unique build and method of presentation. I like seeing out of the box thinking when done at this level. Great stuff! Thanks for sharing.
  1. Load more activity