Model Cars Magazine Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Great build! What does such a custom decal work go for?
  3. Tomorrow is usually the day when I put off to the next day everything I didn't get done yesterday.
  4. Thanks mate! They suit the car well. thank you sir! Thank you Enzo!
  5. Looking good Bruce, amazing what Porsche was able to do back then. Imagine how fast the car would be with tires from today’s race cars.
  6. I had a blue 71 350 I got for free back in 1980, had it for 3 years. All it needed was a carb rebuild and a battery. Fun Fun Fun bike. I used to keep it inside my grandma's screened in porch (she lived very close). Her mailman saw it one day and said he would pay me $100 for it so I sold it to fund my 68 Mustang. Some where I still have the license plate. I'm sure it's worth a small fortune now.
  7. Thanks! Thank you sir! Thanks Espo! Thank you Dan! Thanks Jon! I might get some better pics with the pair later when he brings it out of storage for summer, he has a good camera as well. his 1:1 is a also a red 911 but a 997, but he always wanted a 1984 911. Hence the gift.
  8. Beautiful model. The detailing and the paint/weathering are very realistic.
  9. Great looking cruiser. Well done.
  10. VERY nice. Interior is exceptional. Glad you got good pics of that before final assembly.
  11. Here's a video ICM posted on Youtube showing a CAD type assembly process of the parts and some footage of the actual built kit. I like that they include the top irons and top saddles. You could easily make a top boot if you didn't want to wait for the top down version. I'm curious how the ICM chassis will match with the old Monogram 1/24 Coupe & Cabriolet. The ICM chassis & engine is light years ahead of the old Monogram one.
  12. Yeah thats a bit much, for $106 thats a hard pass.
  13. I guess the question is exactly what degree of weathering/patine is desired? For example is it a brass radiator which has a clean and dull (not polished) surface, or is heavy patina (discoloration) needed?
  14. Idiots were the ones who tried resin residue on their plumbing pipe fittings instead of brushing rosin on them but I bet there'll be no mistakes on that since its 420 tomorrow.
  15. Today
  16. Saying rosin instead of resin can make you seem like a total idiot.
  17. Very well done, looks really good.
  18. Exactly, as the tinted Futrue runs off, so will the tint intensity. You might have to dip multiple times, and even then the tinting will be very weak. But as I mentioned earlier, you can try that technique, and if it doesn't work, just remove the Future and go to "plan B".
  19. Resin used to be what was left in the pipe after all night partying, just saying!
  20. Yes to both question... this is a british car and they leak from everywhere.
  21. The engine is 99 percent finished. Fitting the turbo tubes. Need to paint these blue. Porsche really made an amazing engine. So complex. So powerful. 1000 to 1500 horsepower
  22. Epoxy (like the 5-minute type) will not affect either the paint or decal. When you do that the weakest bond will be the decal to the painted hood surface. So it will not be as strong as if you glued the scoops directly to the hood's plastic surface. If you accidentally firmly bump the scoop, in might come off, taking some of the decal with it.
  1. Load more activity