Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fake model kit box arts

I'd buy a couple of these! This Mercedes represents most of the cars that US Army folks brought back to the USA in the 1960s. Any Army Post in the USA, there'd be a bunch of these, trophies from serving in Germany. My father was a US Army officer and we finally went to Germany in 1969, my dad with thoughts of Mercedes in his head. He said we'd bring one back to the states for sure. Then the US military had a "Buy American" campaign, and through a contractor brought a slew of new US cars to the Px stores in Europe. I knew people who bought new Ford LTDs, and my father bought into the hype and instead of getting his once in a lifetime Mercedes, shipped the '66 Valiant back to the US. Years later he admitted he should've bought the Mercedes!

Great story!! :)

I myself got a 65 190 as a projectcar and the remains of a 62 190 Diesel. If the W110 got out as a plastic kit I would buy several of them. I already got the W111 in resin from Airtrax and a 1:18 W111 220SE diecast from Revell and a 1:43 W110 190 diecast from Minichamps but would really love this one as a plastickit. Maybe Revell will do one as it has been sugested in the Share your dream program:

http://ideas.revell.de/ideas/item/5489/

^^^ Cool! Try "Rockwell" for a closer font match if you have it.

Thanks for the tip, but I can't find that font in my ms paint program. I guess I can download it and install it but that will be for another day :)

I've done a few of these as well. I'm not a master in editing these photos, but anyway here they are.

Of course the first one would be the best, but otherwise they are not in particular order. :wub:

Monogram74Chevelle.jpg

AMT64Chevelle.jpg

AMT58EdselBermuda2In1.jpg

MonogramChevyMalibuClassic.jpg

HasegawaLanciaS4.jpg

AMT63ChevyZ11.jpg

Edited by W-409

Here's one that I had made by a very talented graphic artist here in the forums. I had wanted this box forever and was so happy to get it done that I overlooked the main truck in the picture had no wipers, mirrors or fifth wheel as it had just come out of the paint booth. :(

I plan to have the box redone as soon as I can contact the owner of the Blue Mule replica and get some good pictures of the completed truck, from him. To make it more realistic, I placed the fake cover over an AMT White Freightliner Dual Drive kit so there would actually be a 1/25 truck kit in the box. post-2928-0-93771300-1424394804_thumb.jppost-2928-0-93187600-1424394814_thumb.jppost-2928-0-28815500-1424394823_thumb.jp

Edited by Ben

Here's one that I had made by a very talented graphic artist here in the forums. I had wanted this box forever and was so happy to get it done that I overlooked the main truck in the picture had no wipers, mirrors or fifth wheel as it had just come out of the paint booth. :(

I plan to have the box redone as soon as I can contact the owner of the Blue Mule replica and get some good pictures of the completed truck, from him. To make it more realistic, I placed the fake cover over an AMT White Freightliner Dual Drive kit so there would actually be a 1/25 truck kit in the box. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Ben, if you have another box made you should use a photo of the actual truck. There are many things wrong with this "replica". The wheel base is too long, wheels are wrong, and the frame is the wrong color just to name a few.

I have to keep reminding myself the title of this thread; I keep seeing stuff I have never seen on shelves before!

amphicar: there was someone going to do a full on kit of one, resin, maybe Ma's Resin? man I sure wish they would, I would buy one in a second for anything up to about 100 bucks, but for that it would have to be very good.

jb