Model Cars Magazine Forum

I wonder if R2 listens ?

Hmm, going back to the tire sizes......

Since the advertised widths of real tires are listed based on a specific wheel width maybe the tires are all ok and all the wheels in the kits just need retooling lol

Most of the kits with the "L 60s" seem to supply stock 7 inch wide factory wheels when in real life this size tire was usually mounted on a 10 inch mag

I feel that this and many other threads get a bit long in the tooth,,,and the bitchn' and moanin' about everything truly gets to be just too much. if not the tires, chrome, glass, body, decals, the box, shrinkwrap on the box,,,it never ends. just build something you enjoy, select the best parts you have around for upgrades,,,and fix or live with the rest. its a hobby,,,a toy-related one, not a career,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the ace........ :P

I feel that this and many other threads get a bit long in the tooth,,,and the bitchn' and moanin' about everything truly gets to be just too much. if not the tires, chrome, glass, body, decals, the box, shrinkwrap on the box,,,it never ends. just build something you enjoy, select the best parts you have around for upgrades,,,and fix or live with the rest. its a hobby,,,a toy-related one, not a career,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the ace........ :P

You nailed it Ace. I can add no more. Other than, maybe it's time for me to stop reading treads like this.

Scott

Very well said Ace..! nowhere on any kit box do I see accurate scale replica... Can't we just be thankful for what we do have out there..? And if you want accuracy .... make it so..! and quit the complaining

I think this is the best time for this hobby.... and Round 2 is one of the reasons.... one member said we all vote with our wallets... and any company is definitely listening to that..!

You nailed it Ace. I can add no more. Other than, maybe it's time for me to stop reading treads like this.

Scott

AMEN...!

You forgot the instruction sheet. See the stink raised when Revell accidentally put an illustration of a 59 Corvette on the sheet for their 58 kit:

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=89812&p=1186166

So, you're complaining about the tires that AMT made twenty and forty years ago? :rolleyes: Maybe if you had bought an AMT kit or tires made in the current century, you wouldn't be so disappointed.

I have bought the latest version of the 69 Hurst/Olds with the tampoed L-60's. The size is still wrong.

Edited by w451973

I'm simply amazed by this tread. This is as bad as some of the rivet counters over on the airplane blogs. Unbeleivable! So, rather than finding out how many angles can dance on the head of a pin. How many can dance in the space of the scale difference in AMT's tires?

Scott

Time for Superman on MeTV.

Adding this nonsense certainly hasn't helped any.

I apolagize to the board and Round 2. I was wrong. I dug out my latest 69 Hurst/Olds and compared the new tires.

I see that these are not the same as the old tires and are in fact a new design. So I was wrong about them being the same 20 year old design.

But they are still inaccurate in size so I was really only half wrong.

Edited by w451973

We are playing a game of he said, he said, like I said, I have no reason to make this up, and I have gotten the same info from a few other people as well, take that for what its worth.

Its very possible that I took what I heard and put my own spin on it as well, but what I did seem to understand is online to them is not a valuable source of information when it comes to their products, and how people feel about them. Again, I just heard online, does that mean both forums and their FB page?, or just forums, I dont know. I have no doubts that they read this forum and Scale Auto's forum, I think thats a given, but how much of what they read do they care about?, is it important to them whats being said?. Again, what I have heard is its not. I would hope that is not true, I would hope they would care about what is being said on here or other locals online.

:)

I know Frank from the hobby shop I work at, I also know how he's taken things Ed said out of context and told it to other people on this board because I was standing there when it happened (a conversation I had with Ed and Dave Metzner about the Meng F350 at NNL East that the only person within earshot was Frank and I later read members of this board post the line like they were standing there when it happened) so I wouldn't take what he says as gospel. I consider him a friend, sure, but I don't know that he and Ed actually talk back and forth. Anybody can walk up to Ed at a show and "talk" to him.

Facts outweigh third-hand eavesdropped gossip! What a concept.

Most of us learned that in junior high school. B)

I don't get it. You guys have said that you know from "reliable sources" that Revell does read online comments, but ignores and/or doesn't act based on them.

If they are going to ignore and not act based on online comments, why are they reading online comments? :blink:

I don't get it. You guys have said that you know from "reliable sources" that Revell does read online comments, but ignores and/or doesn't act based on them.

If they are going to ignore and not act based on online comments, why are they reading online comments? :blink:

It would make sense that they pay attention to online comments, people don't write letters to companies today like they may have in olden days.

It would make sense that they pay attention to online comments...

I agree. Which is why it makes no sense to say they read online comments but then ignore them. If you're just going to ignore them, why bother reading them? They're either reading them and paying attention (not necessarily answering, though)... or they're not reading them in the first place.

It would make no sense to monitor online comments just so you can then ignore them.

Not acting doesn't mean they ignore it. Like this gem I saw from a member here when Revell's Datsun 510 BRE was reissued: "I told Revell they should do a stock-bodied Datsun 510, but they didn't so I guess that means they don't care" No, sorry, that doesn't mean they don't listen or don't care, it means that they don't think it's a financially viable to do at this time. It's not something they see an ROI on. They're not running a charity, their goal isn't to make 100% of modelers happy while losing money in the process.

I saw Ed Sexton at IPMS Nats in Virginia Beach last month. They had a test shot of the new Starsky and Hutch Torino on the table. The first thing Ed says to me is "70 with a white stripe, huh? Where did they come up with that?" and smiles...

I must get 3 or 4 people a week tell me that my company should do a printed catalog. But the costs associated with doing a printed catalog would outweigh the additional revenue we'd make from catalog sales. We'd lose money. We're not going to do a catalog. I hear them, I'm not ignoring them, but I can't make the numbers work.

I must get 3 or 4 people a week tell me that my company should do a printed catalog. But the costs associated with doing a printed catalog would outweigh the additional revenue we'd make from catalog sales. We'd lose money. We're not going to do a catalog. I hear them, I'm not ignoring them, but I can't make the numbers work.

That makes sense, though--printed catalogs are an artifact of the pre-internet era--they don't make much sense today.

Hey Harry, you deleted this.

I'll repost intil you respond.

You don't delete posts over and over that annoy people, but you delete mine calling you on it immediately.

Petty little man. #getoffmylawn#shadesof1950s

Maybe Revell and R2 can't wade thru the BS you let clutter up threads?

You delete some posts you disagree with, but leave BS that MANY others complain about.

You're the mod, Harry. I don't want the job, I know you'll offer. Do your job so people can read a thread, ANY thread, without same old dreck. Last count there are 7 threads with dreck in them, probably more, and you merely tell people to not click on it. You can delete individual posts, as you have mine. I don't care if you delete mine, you're petty.

But when the board, which is a NICE board in spite of you, gets regular guys fed up, and you don't do your job, QUIT. It's a lousy front for a good magazine, and if YOU reread the rules you're not enforciing, it's obvious.