Model Cars Magazine Forum

Freebee!

Joe Handley

Make a convertible out of it Joe! B)

The body on the snapper is more accurate than the glue 'vert anyway...

I'm seriously thinking going with a cantilevered roof, ala Lil' Coffin!

Did Godzilla get to that one first? :) Good luck getting it straightened out! And nothing beats free. :)

Not sure, one of my bosses has been taking all of the snapper kits from the scratch and dent pallets we got and though she accidentally crushed it. Told here that would take a bunch of weight beyond what she was putting on it or an angry significant other like Bill was talking about a while back. Dad thinks it had abunch of weight on it while still hot or while in a hot container/trailer. And yes, free or significant discount is always good!

What I would do with that is, I'd graft parts of the quarters--including the spears and the wheel openings--onto the ex-MPC flip-nose '57 gasser sedan body. In fact, I think I've got a similarly crushed Revell full-detail '57 body that I might do that very thing with.

Commitment. This body reminds me of numerous kits that I've encountered in my modeling life. Some were from my buddy's basement others in bags and boxes at vendor tables. I see something that grabs me at the moment, and I want to bring it home and rescue it! A lot end up in the big box of cars and trucks that I call "the yard" ( as in junk yard ). But once in a while, I actually commit myself to rescuing the car, and they become some of my favourite builds. So I say go for it!!

The top has a severe twist, the pillars were bent just far enough over that I couldn't get things to line up the right. I did find something that will be wilder than a radical chop though, not sure if there have been any '57 Chevys done this way in any scale, but it will be outta this world if I can pull it off!

Edited by Joe Handley