Model Cars Magazine Forum

Modelhaus Utility Bed: Has anyone built one, or have pics?

Want to see if the Modelhaus Utility bed will fit the MENG F350

Does anyone have one, or built one?

Service Bed (Utility box) utility box and canopy roof
Price : $38.00

conversion made for use with any 1/25 scale pickups with 8 foot bed. This is a Knapheide style bed with 40 inch high sides, 20 inch deep side boxes, and tread plate rear bumper. Includes bed, canopy roof, doors, glass, taillights, box covers, and license plate.

PC300145.jpg

PC300129.jpg

PC300126.jpg

I imagine it would, it's pretty wide. You would have to convert to dually and either an extended cab or lengthen the frame to use the 4dr cab.

-MJS

Edit - Probably won't have to extend the frame, as it looks like the Meng kit has an 8 foot bed.

Edited by Maindrian Pace

Thanks, Mike(s)

I will try and get one from Modelhaus and we are still trying to find some dually wheels.

I may try and get some Alcoa-style aluminum ones made, still working on that as well.

This will be a great addition to the hobby.

I'm glad MENG did it, and I think it will open the doors for a lot of new aftermarket parts for these trucks.

I think Replicas & Miniatures Company of Maryland makes a couple different styles of the Alcoa rims for a duallie. Something to look into.

Ma's Resin also has some very nice resin Alcoa wheels.

HPIM3018.jpg

Also, New Ray 1/32 scale diecast rigs would make a nice wheel choice for a 1/24 or 1/25 scale dually.

HPIM2986.jpg

Of course, if you'd want to stay Ford, the wheels from the diecast F650 SuperCruizer would work as well.

HPIM3299.jpg

• 9 months later...

I know this is a long-dead thread, but I had a question about the Modelhaus utility bed. What are the utility body's actual measurements? I know it will fit and replace a 1/25 scale 8 ft bed, but is it 8 ft long or 9 ft long in scale? I have need of a 9' long utility bed for a project and want to know if this will work or if I need to scratch something myself.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Maxwell, What does Modelhaus call the wheels you put on your fire rescue 60 chevy? They don't have any pictures on their site so I need to know what to order. I need the rear dually wheels for a 60 chevy stake bed truck I plan on building. Thanks

thanks A.J. I never would have figured it out without your help. So they make each order as it comes in and takes 4 to 6 weeks to get them?

Yes pretty much. They actually process them in the order in which they receive them, so even if your parts are in stock, you wait until the people in front of you have their orders. I have ordered multiple times and I think the longest I have ever waited is 4 weeks.

The quality of the product is worth the wait.

• 3 months later...

-I'm gonna scratch a bed to go behind a Dodge, thats going to be a railroad hi-rail truck at some point for a Signal Maintainers truck....... BUT I don't thing they make a bed in the type I need to carry out this project (reason I'm gonna scratchbuild it) so.. NICE looking work trucks guys!

Hemi,

Do you have a photo of what you're looking to build? Here is one that I scratbuilt.

20140824_031146-picsay.jpg

Frame for body was vuilt with 0.08 or .10 Evergreen stock. Kinda like stick building a house. All frames are then glued together and "skinned" with sheet plastic.

David

Edited by hooknladderno1

Utility bodies are great scratchbuilding projects, relatively easy and much cheaper than resin. A lot of the 1-1 utility body companies even have detailed drawing available online.

This was my first attempt, a generic enclosed utility box.

Rescue2.jpg

The box on this one was modeled after an early Reading utility body.

doztender6.jpg

Edited by Aaronw

I don't have a drawing of the one I'm going to be doing yet..... But the one I'm doing will be a 10 foot bed, thats made for railroad use...... That will befitted to a Dodge truck, made to be a high rail truck for railroad repairs to signals, and upkeep of them..... SO, I'll have to search out pictures of that, one, and it has to be done to a dually truck as that I remember seeing on the one I remember..... Had a small welding set up on it too, along with a set of torches across from it.....