Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ford Econoline 75 Ambulance

Hi guys,

here I am with a new built, still on my 70ies wave : it's a 75 Ford Ambulance. It's a long time time project that keeps me busy this year. It started with two model kits, a brand new reissue and an old one from the "Disco Van" box I bought for 5 Bucks as it was started and incomplete.

A lots of cutting later here it is, hope you'll enjoy it :

DSC07139_zps7859c763.jpg

Just to give you an idea with what I start....

And now the result :

DSC07921_zpsb11f200f.jpg

DSC07922_zpsbc502700.jpg

DSC07923_zps57c65f01.jpg

DSC07924_zps56b6977b.jpg

Very nice work! I love a great light commercial body. Great work on the stretch and high top. Do you have any photos of the high top creation?

Thanks for the nice comments, the top was a custom part from an AMT Ford van : the "Matilda". It was cut in the middle and add some plastic material to give it the good size.

DSC07132_zpsd89d5198.jpg

DSC07172_zps07ba6e33.jpg

Emmanuel,

Great conversion! On the finished model you can't tell it was a conversion. Nice job with all the cuts and side windows. I spent a lot of time in those ambulances as a paramedic in the early '80's. I have a similar project in the works. FYI, Models by Dave offers a great rear step often seen on these rigs.

David

• 1 month later...

Sweet, Sweet build, Man.....This thing is awesome....Hobby Lobby has been clearing these out, for some reason....I've acquired 5, so far....I was wondering what I might do with all of them.....There's still quite a few more left.....$8.99 each....I think I'll stop at 7....Excellent build....