Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you see on the road today?

Up here in Newcastle, ( 2.5hrs north of Sydney ), I've seen 2 Audi R8s, 1 V8 1 V10, plus a Spyder. An Aston Martin DB9 & a Vantage. An 06 Gallardo, a Diablo ( rare as!! ) & a 360 Modena Ferrari. When I was in Sydney a few weeks ago I spotted a white Aventador... Right in front of me, while I was waiting to cross the road... ???

I've seen quite a few Teslas (sedans) running around Manhattan over the past couple of months. They don't really stand out because the styling is derivative (read: safe, styled not to offend), just like everything else today (except perhaps Cadillac. And no, I don't own one). I usually notice it's a Tesla when I'm behind one at a toll, or in traffic, and can make out the logo. I imagine most Tesla owners are buying the cars for the technology and the eco-message thing.

There's some Tesli running around my hometown, too, including the Lotus-platformed sports car. Very strange, indeed, to watch one launch from a light in utter silence.

The most interesting car I saw over the weekend, though, was a flawless '69 or '70 Nova, not stock, and I don't know if it was an SS, but it had a really straight body with a gorgeous coat of Marina Blue, big 'n littles, nice rake, and a very crisp-sounding small-block. This car trumped all of the usual weekend sightings of Ferraris, Astons and Porsches that the gazillionaires seem to prefer in my area, except for the '57 Testa Rossa I saw being exercised in public a few months ago in the "next town over" from mine. I'm still trying to lift my jaw off the ground...

This past weekend, I seen a 55 or 56 (not 100% sure which) Belvedere 4 door, Purple 69 Mustang with blower sticking thru hood, 57 Bel Air convertible, 69 Camaro, a few Corvairs, 72 Camaro RS.

Harry, I've seen a White Telsa around my area for a few months now. For what it is, it's niec looking car. I myself prefer the older styling of the cars.

Edited by jjsipes

Out on the road today , I saw a Dead Head sticker on a Cadillac .

A little voice inside my head said, "Don't look back. You can never look back"

Oops! Saw a brand-new Tesla (the 4-door sedan) broken down on the Cross County Parkway in Yonkers this morning. Man, I would be mighty pissed if I just dumped upwards of $100K on a car that leaves me stranded on the highway. This is the 21st century and cars have been around for more than 100 years - there is absolutely no excuse for this sort of thing to happen to any new car today. Regardless of price.

"...ridin' with Lady Luck..."

Oops! Saw a brand-new Tesla (the 4-door sedan) broken down on the Cross County Parkway in Yonkers this morning. Man, I would be mighty pissed if I just dumped upwards of $100K on a car that leaves me stranded on the highway. This is the 21st century and cars have been around for more than 100 years - there is absolutely no excuse for this sort of thing to happen to any new car today. Regardless of price.

"...ridin' with Lady Luck..."

It's just like a fuel burning car, only leaves you stranded if you aren't paying attention to how much if what ever power source you have left.

I live in Clearwater, Florida. I help organize local car shows and meets. We've got a couple cars and coffees every month when the big hitters come out. McLarens, Ferraris, Lamborghinis are a common sight there. I see a decent amount of them on the road. Also helps that the dealership I work at has a high end used car lot built into our Jag and Mercedes lot. You name it and we've had it in our shop. The McLaren caught me completely off guard. As far as I know the Gold Rush Rally didn't come anywhere near Florida.

Edited by drunknmunky

Horrible cell phone picture (was at a red light when I seen it passing by) but it's a Gold Rush Rally wrapped McLaren MP4-12C. It's also the inspiration for my latest Ferrari build :)

Looks like Batman needs to step up his game, The Joker is doing a bit too good for himself!

:P