Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1967 Chevrolet Camaro SS 396 - Finished

RandyB.

Yes the kit has a white and a black nose stripe. This build will be red with a white interior and the white nose stripe.

For those interested: The default SS stripe color was white on Bolero Red and Marina Blue Camaros, unless the car had black vinyl top or black convertible top, in which case it would be black. But I'm pretty sure I've seen both red and blue cars with black stripes, so apparently that could be special ordered.

Very nice work!, is their any problems with assembly so far?i'm thinking when I build mine to go with a less common color.

Thanks everyone. Curtis...I haven't really assembled anything yet on this kit just painting parts so far. It looks as though the assembly may not be too bad but I will find out soon enough.

I'm going to see if I can sili-clone the ends of an AMT '67 or '68 grilled, then file the offensive ends off the Revell grille and replace them. Might be a cheap and not-too-difficult fix for this kit's most troublesome problem....

Edited by Snake45

There is differences between the grills on '67 and '68 Camaros. The '67 was a relatively flat grill where the '68 had a bit of a "V" shape in that the ends by the head lamps was somewhat deeper than the '67s.

True. But the ends--where the Revell kit is so horribly wrong--should be the same between the two years. Will have to check. I have the AMT '67 in stock so can use that if there's a difference. The main factor will be, are the Revell and AMT grilles the same height?

True. But the ends--where the Revell kit is so horribly wrong--should be the same between the two years. Will have to check. I have the AMT '67 in stock so can use that if there's a difference. The main factor will be, are the Revell and AMT grilles the same height?

Okay, I just looked at the AMT and Revell grilles together, with optivisor and caliper.

My brilliant idea won't work. The AMT grille isn't a whole lot better shaped at the ends than the Revell, though of the two, it's better. (It's also too short to fit into the Revell body opening without modification.

Having taken a GOOD look, I now think it MIGHT be possible to modify the Revell grille ends to something approaching the correct shape. Will take some skillful styrene surgery and model-fu. If I can do it, I'll start a thread and post photos.

I apologize for the detour down this dark side street....