Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/25 Revell '49 Mercury Wagon

Austin T

• 1 month later...

That's all right, Al. I've been thinking the same thing since this kit was announced. The Aurora Mod Squad Woody that I built as a kid is on display in my cabinet. I've taken it too many places and lost the front bumper but the rest is all there. I think it's what started my love of woodies. :wub: Can't wait for this kit and is one of the few times I can say with certainty I will buy multiple copies of. :)

Just a heads up for you Merc Woody fanatics! Revell has shipped the Merc woody (and other kits) to hobby shops participating in Revell's Preferred Partner program. The woody just arrived in my local hobby shop. Will I get one? You bet! The "Slingster" is also in the shipment. I'll be nabbing one of those as well.

Just opened one. Not sure if I can do pics with the new laptop yet, but it looks really nice out of the box. The box art car has the visor over the windshield. This may be the cure for the funny looking "forehead" over the windshield. It looks like the kit is pretty accurate at a first glance. No stock flathead, but I have several leftover from my AMT kits. I will try to post pics of this and the Slingster later on if I can get the camera and computer on the same page.

Who is going to be the first to build one of these as a custom or surf wagon?

ARGH!!! Been lucky with new Revell kits lately, but I finally got hit with the frosty chrome on my hubcaps. Luckily I don't plan on using them, got other plans for wheels (chrome reverse w/ baby moons from AMT's 49 Merc coupe) .

I'll have some pics and instruction sheet scans up later today.

How do you like the kit?