Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Hornet's Nest: Hudson Hornet Build Madness!

Dr. Cranky

On the clear parts? I'll have to look for that, thanks.

Yep- you'll see a raised lip around the perimeter of the front and rear glass- that represents the window seals, which are chrome. Best thing might be to foil them, then paint the edges black to represent the exposed rubber, but I'm not sure my hands are that steady.

Penciled in the suspension- actually managed to get it a bit lower in back, but the front sits a little higher now. Might fix that, might not... still needs a little bit of daylight under the rockers for the lake pipes I plan to put on it. Also plugged in a Cadillac 345 engine I already built years ago.

1370006933_657197_1337180073_n-vi.jpg

1370006933_657203_1352430396_n-vi.jpg

I have been doing lots of research. I started on the frame finally. Got it cleaned up and painted and finding as many reference photos as possible to build it somewhat realistic

Some links

1952 Hudson Hornet

http://www.significantcars.com/collections/royce/rc33/fullsize.html

Will get some pics as I progress. Hope the links are helpful!

I'm in! I got one Hornet for birthday present, I'll build it as Factory Stock before building Gasser, Nascar and Custom versions... Here are some pictures, what's in the box. Maybe they are not interesting, because so many does already have this kit, and we've seen pics from the parts, but anyway, posted these on Finnish forum, because there were no pictures. Now I post a link. http://public.fotki.com/NostalgicDrag/53-hudson-hornet/

I'll get started tomorrow, but while waiting, please tell me, what was the correct engine color?

Edited by W-409