Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Hornet's Nest: Hudson Hornet Build Madness!

Dr. Cranky

• 3 weeks later...

Hey! I want in on this! I have the engine complete. Did the lowering on all suspension bits. Fabbed the front for posable wheels. Shortened the wheelbase so the rear tires (should) line up with the rear skirts. Still have to pick a color for the topside, chassis all set. I'll post progress pics soon.

Oh, on part #29... "trap the exhaust and driveshaft in between frame and crossmember part #29". Well, you can if you want just glue that small crossmember to the floorpan. It has locating pins for that. That way you don't have the d-shaft & exhaust flapping all over the place as you line it all up and add glue. Just set down the two parts on top of floor & crossmember, and glue frame to floor. I have pics of that also.

• 4 weeks later...

Todd's Hudson Came out Beautiful! Especially I like those scallops, they look very good on that body.

Finally an Update for my Hudson project.

There were some text molded to the chassis, and I had to remove them. After that I placed some putty there, and all left to do is sanding, and primer. Engine is almost finished, only exhaust manifold extension part is missing. I added some mesh to the air cleaners, and installed them. Oil Filter is also glued. Last thing I did for today, was primering the frame. Today I'm going to paint it gloss black.

P4150059-vi.jpgP4150060-vi.jpg

P4150061-vi.jpgP4150063-vi.jpg

P4150064-vi.jpg

P4150069-vi.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Todd's Hudson Came out Beautiful! Especially I like those scallops, they look very good on that body.

Finally an Update for my Hudson project.

There were some text molded to the chassis, and I had to remove them. After that I placed some putty there, and all left to do is sanding, and primer. Engine is almost finished, only exhaust manifold extension part is missing. I added some mesh to the air cleaners, and installed them. Oil Filter is also glued. Last thing I did for today, was primering the frame. Today I'm going to paint it gloss black.

P4150059-vi.jpgP4150060-vi.jpg

P4150061-vi.jpgP4150063-vi.jpg

P4150064-vi.jpg

P4150069-vi.jpg

Looks good so far Took a while for mr to get the text out and not ghost back in. Already thinking about chopping another one but have a couple other projects I want to do first.

• 1 month later...

Thanks!

Progress is slow, but I've been building this as a side of that Moebius' Tim Flock Chrysler, and today I managed to sand that putty area of the chassis smooth. However painting the chassis didn't go very well, and now I'm thinking about sanding it a bit and then try again, with different paint. Frame is also sprayed Gloss Black, and hopefully I can start building the axles soon.

Also sanded the body a bit, but few more mold lines to smoothen before primer.

P6050133-vi.jpg

P6050138-vi.jpg

Has everyone else finished their Hudsons?

Here we go again, Hudson is on all four wheels, after few problems (Not because of Moebius' great kit, just because of Würth spray paints). It looks pretty good, stance etc. I also glued the wheels so that they are bit turned, they just look good like that, I think.

P6100165-vi.jpg

P6100166-vi.jpg

P6100168-vi.jpg

P6100170-vi.jpg

P6100174-vi.jpg

And Yes, Engine Is Glued To Chassis, Too.

P6100171-vi.jpg

P6100172-vi.jpg

Aw WOW,I'm loving that!!!!!!!

I've still yet to start on mine ( I have 3 hardtop kits,and just picked up a ragtop last weekend),been having lots of life keeping me both off the bench ad outta the mood,but looks like some of that (life stuff) is settling down...we still may not be able to keep this house (which would prevent me building till a move),but brother Im gettin inspired just looking at the thing you done did :D