Model Cars Magazine Forum

2014 Builds. 9 + 1

StevenGuthmiller

Thanks guys! They were all curbside builds so that may explain why things went quite well. The next ten may take a little longer. A lot of those will require a little more detailing. Out of the next 8 builds that I have planned, only 2 will be curbside projects. But, I have really enjoyed building these old kits for the past couple of years. I've begun to consider myself more of a "conservationist" than a builder. I have begun to get real satisfaction out of saving these old kits, mostly as they were produced. I like to think that maybe I'm actually saving them for the next generation of modeler. Maybe in another 40 or 50 years, some one else will restore these old kits all over again. Makes me smile a little! B) Steve

Fabulous stuff! I'm especially in love with the two Mercs and the two Chryslers. Did you scratchbuild the up-top on the '59 Merc?

Well, not exactly scratch built. It's a modified Revell 1959 Chevy top with a sandwich bag rear window! :) Steve

Thanks guys! it was a fun year! Hopefully this year will be as much fun! Steve

post-13791-0-60762400-1419445917_thumb.j