Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1967 Chevrolet Camaro SS 396 L78 option

RandyB.

Very, VERY nice! Big Props for using BLACK plug wires, and properly routing them around/behind the valve covers instead of over them, as is too often seen. I think you got everything out of this kit that one can get without getting into extensive body mods. Well done and model on! B)

Thanks everyone for the great comments in both "Under Glass" and "On the Workbench" forums. I forgot to mention that if you want to build the L78 option with the aluminum intake manifold 396ci 375hp you will need to order a set of Keith Marks decals as this kit only provides the 396ci 325hp decal. Here is the link to those decals.

http://public.fotki.com/mofobow/chevy/corvette/6367_scripts_emblems/63to67_corvette_a.html

Beautiful. Were the two black bonnet vents dummies on the 1:1? I have a feeling they were.

I didn't see where you got an answer to your question, yes they were just cast dummies, on the '68s they were four square shapes on each one that resembled intake openings.

I didn't see where you got an answer to your question, yes they were just cast dummies, on the '68s they were four square shapes on each one that resembled intake openings.

The '68 350 hood vents were identical to '67; the '68 396s got the 8 fake "velocity stacks." In '69 both 350s and 396s got the 8-stack type.

• 4 months later...

Beautiful. I found its not the rear axle assembly that puts the wheels too far back. It's the pins that hold the interior to the chassis. I cut them off on mine and everything lines up as it should. Should the rear panel not be black on a 396 car? Everyone I have seen except black and green big block cars have the black tail panel