Model Cars Magazine Forum

Volksrods, who's building these?

Did that with one of my R/C cars a while back, it was simple to convert, but slightly brain melting for some who saw it at work :D

20140809_215238_zpsdujbojln.jpg

20140809_215305_zpsl0lx3pbo.jpg

20140809_215025_zpsk0v27xds.jpg

I even shot some Chrysler Dark Bronze on the inside of the body before laying down the Flat Black so that every scrape that goes through that will start looking like surface rust!

20140807_125616_zpsvlf6xp0r.jpg

I think they all look pretty neat. I like the radio controlled car, looks like a lot of fun. In the opening post of the 1:1 cars I think I saw the second one just a couple of weeks ago at the Autorarma at Bartel Hall in Kansas city. If its the one I'm thinking of it was built as a father son project, the father owning a custom body shop in the area. The workmanship is outstanding and has been shown in flat black for some time. At the show just a couple of weeks ago it is now the best looking gloss black with " true fire" type flames. The picture, as nice as it is, just can't do the car justice.

dyn003_original_640_479_pjpeg_2638282_56

I really like this one .. someone finally closed off the side in front, though it's hard in this photo to tell everything. Are those door handles ahead of the door? :lol:

edit: I saved the file and lightened it up. That's just some trim ornament in front of the door. And most of the front suspension is visible under the hood, so sides don't come all the way forward. It does give me ideas for all the VW kits in the basement!

Edited by Foxer

Thought you might enjoy this.

Wish I could take credit for it, but the model is actually the work of Robb Shelby, who is a member of my local model car club (Back Porch Modelers Group).

post-10758-0-27596700-1426040290_thumb.jpost-10758-0-33711800-1426040345_thumb.jpost-10758-0-45441000-1426040417_thumb.j

Edited by ToyLvr