Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 69 Mustang front end CORRECTION RESIN!

Got mine last week....The box was beat to hell, and I was afraid the front end was mangled......Luckily the part was on the other side of the box from the damage. Excellent quality, nicely packaged....Looking forward to building my Mustang now.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

It's been about a year since we first learned that someone offered a high quality resin transkit to address the poorly rendered front end of Revell's '69 Mustang, so I'm curious how many of you are still building, or have built, your Revell kit using these new pieces.  Looks like Ron got a good start on his (no surprise), but given the number of people who ordered these (I helped spread the news to other boards), there don't seem to be many WIP pics, let alone Under Glass pics.  Has anyone got pictures of their WIP or finished build showing how this kit improves the original model?   

I have not built any of my 69 Mustang's yet, the two sets I bought are for future projects, I try to buy when the things are available because when you want and need them they are often not available anymore.

Edited by Force

I have not built any of my 69 Mustang's yet, the two sets I bought are for future projects, I try to buy when the things are available because when you want and need them they are often not available anymore.

Wise words.  I've got a few things that may never get finished because of the situation at Modelhaus.  

Mine is still in the box, as it has been too cold to paint until the last few days. It's funny, when I bought the conversion kit, I was gung ho to do the project. It will still get done, as I have a lot invested in this one. I also have an AFX in Scale '69 2 Door Hardtop. A modeling buddy mastered a '69 Corrected front end, which I have yet to compare with the DMold piece. I will let you know when I progress with the project.

I have not built mine either. I have lots of future projects and buy resin items as soon as I can. The aftermarket stuff comes and goes and may only be available for a short time. Plus with resin if you need to sell it and it's no longer available you can usually sell it on eBay for more that you bought it for.

Does anyone know if you can still get these parts. I just looked on the website and  ( out of stock ) was right under it . Does anyone know if they come in and out of stock on a regular basis?  Thanks.      Jeff 

Revelle offered a Mustang Grande in 1969 . It has the Option of Convertible or NOT fastback Roof . AMT & MPC both offered the Fasback Mach I Body . Revelle offered a Mach I in the '90's . I bought one .. never built it . All of these are 1/25 scale . Monogram offered both the Boss 302 & Boss 429 Mustang Fastbacks , in 1/24 th. . I bought these too . I think the '69 Mach I is what a proper front clip for this kit is what the issue is here .. Thanx ..

Yes the DMold front end is for the Revell 1:25th scale 1969 Mustang Mach 1 to correct it.
When I ordered mine I had to wait a while as they were sold out most of the times I looked, but look often because they will hopefully come back.

Edited by Force

• 6 months later...

Has anyone ordered one of these sets lately? I checked the website and they're in stock, but there's no button that I can see to add them to the cart for ordering! It's the same way for all of his parts.

It looks to have been closed and was to open yesterday. This happend to me last time i was to order,it went some days over the date.

I`d advice you to check in there couple of times a day forward now,it might suddenly be avaliable for add to chart and buy.