Model Cars Magazine Forum

My take on the Revell 2015 Mustang snap kit

1tim1

This build I used to practice painting. It was my first time using Duplicolor paint, and very pleased with the results. I used GM metallic black. Also, I have to give a shoutout to Shane Harrold (slammedi'am) for helping me along the way. I also blacked out the headlights, tried detail painting the marker lights but they didn't turn out as nice as I expected. Used tires from an old Tamiya rally car kit because the ones that come in the kit were way too big, then I added some exhaust tips. Hope you all like it. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Looks like a bad thing - cool B)

Thanks.  

Looks good. Just a tip, try some Tamiya clear red over the painted tail lights. It looks better than the Revell paint, 100 times better! and if you dont like it just wash it off with some water.

Thanks. I've been meaning to get some Tamiya clear red and clear yellow, just keep forgetting.  I mainly just used it to practice painting but can see where the clear red can make a difference.  Its not too late for me to add that.