Model Cars Magazine Forum

1941 Plymouth

MGL

This is not the new re-release but the Ertl-MPC release from a few years ago. I was thinking about putting left over Hemi from the Little Red Wagon kit in this but the six cylinder engine in the kit changed my mind and sent me in a different direction. Maybe I will get the new release an try again. This is a great looking car and if you want to do a pre-war Mopar its just about the only game in town. That being said, the kit is kind of tough. I had to straighten the chassis but the body was warped in the same way and being afraid of messing up the extensive body work done to hide the seem around the grill, I was unable to get it to come correct. I replaced all the fender welt with I believe .022 evergreen rod, on the next one I will figure out a way to do without the fender welt (maybe do it in primer only and scribe a gap) and all the side trim had to be redefined with a scribe. The dash had to be ground down to get the body to set all the way down on the chassis, and the hood required a lot of work to clean up the gap. The battery that comes with the kit is a 12 volt so I put a modern tag on it and took some liberties with the colors. I also replaced the chrome trim around the grill with evergreen stock. I should do some more details on this but I think I am going to call it done.

DSC02333DSC02334DSC02335DSC02336DSC02338DSC02337DSC02339DSC02340DSC02341DSC02342DSC02330DSC02331DSC02332

The paint is Tamiya yellow over Duplicolor taffeta white, and the interior is Duplicolor fiery red with leather and black washes. Thanks for looking.