Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pocher Jaguar E-Type convertible - would you buy it?

Pocher 1/8 Jaguar E-Type convertible  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Pocher 1/8 Jaguar E-Type convertible- would you buy it?

• Would buy
    • Would consider buying

This poll is directed mainly at large-scale builders, who would be the primary audience for such a product.

If they were to offer a complete kit with no shopping around for conversion pieces, would you buy a 1/8 XK-E convertible from Pocher? It could also provide upgrade parts for the Revell/Monogram coupe kit, and would offer drivetrain parts for some hot rods.

With aftermarket Pocher parts usually provided by companies like modelmotorcars.com and Brady Ward (over time) you wouldn't have to buy a complete kit to upgrade the coupe.  However...

NEWS BULLETIN: Marvin at modelmotorcars.com tells me they will no longer handle Pocher kits because the company is too hard to deal with. It appears, though, that they will still offer parts. In fact, they're issuing a new Alfa 8C 2900 body for Alfa kits next year. But they're less than enthusiastic about joining me in proposing the Jag to Hornby/Pocher.

Edited by sjordan2

To me, the E-type roadster is the epitome of sports-car design, and one of the most beautiful 'things' ever made by humans. Because of that, I'd spring for a Pocher 1/8 Jag. I have some other large-scale models, but no Pocher yet, primarily because the subjects, though interesting, aren't on my favorites list. The E-type is.

I think an E-Type Jag would be a spectacular follow-up to their new Aventador. I actually prefer the styling of the coupe over the drop top, but I'd take either one in a heartbeat. Especially if Pocher included their spectacular real wire wheels, like in their "classic" kits

I can already see me super-detailing that big beautiful engine. Wow, now that would be a model kit I would totally get into! B)

Would really prefer someone produce a good XKE coupe or convertible in 1/24-1/25 scale.

Same here, a nice kit in 1:24-1:25 would be great.

Would I buy one in 1:8? Not so sure, I have never been in to the big scale stuff and at the prices they are selling for it would probably be to much but I will never say never :)

I think an E-Type Jag would be a spectacular follow-up to their new Aventador. I actually prefer the styling of the coupe over the drop top, but I'd take either one in a heartbeat. Especially if Pocher included their spectacular real wire wheels, like in their "classic" kits

I can already see me super-detailing that big beautiful engine. Wow, now that would be a model kit I would totally get into! B)

I would love to see what you could do with one of those.  Your other builds are usually mind-blowing.  :)

You need a NO vote on the survey 

This poll is directed primarily at current or potential large-scale modelers; most of the members here prefer 1/24-25 scales, and I thought that might disproportionately affect the results. If the poll results in enough interest, I planned to submit it to Hornby/Pocher and their aftermarket supporters.