[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

    • Dave Ambrose

      General Usage   05/10/2017

      If someone is acting badly, either in a forum or a private message, please report it. There are conveniently located buttons for sending the post to the moderators. 
Sign in to follow this  
Bucket T

Touch Tone Terror kit

Recommended Posts

Am I losing my mind, or did I see somewhere a while back that the Touch Tone Terror kit was being rereleased?  I have an original one in my junk box.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was shown at Toledo or similar as a future release, but I want to say I read Round2 decided to get rid of all the excess Little Red Wagon stock they had first, so maybe in another year or two we'll see the TTT return.

Edited by Casey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like I saw the same thing a few days ago on on of the retail websites in the coming soon tab but I don't remember which one. I think there was another related kit with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I still feel like I have seen this same thing on a web site but I did just see the Lil' Hot Dogger is listed in the Oct. issue of Scale Auto.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is showen on the Rocketfin hobby web site. Under Mopar cars ! If this helps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want one if it has all the goodies.......

YES...Me too Dave....I had one as a kid and would love to have another with all the original stuff in it...heck Id be happy with just all the extras it came with even the cardboard topper and phone company stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's been two years. Any updates? I'd still like the TTT and Phone booth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/23/2015 at 9:05 AM, disabled modeler said:

YES...Me too Dave....I had one as a kid and would love to have another with all the original stuff in it...heck Id be happy with just all the extras it came with even the cardboard topper and phone company stuff.

Considering Round2's willingness to include a paper base/display in a few of their recent reissues, it wouldn't surprise me if they included the original paper items again this time around. Not sure how (or even if) the Dodge Fever wheelstander has affected any potential Touch Tone Terror reissue, but still hoping this kit sees the light of day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Casey said:

Considering Round2's willingness to include a paper base/display in a few of their recent reissues, it wouldn't surprise me if they included the original paper items again this time around. Not sure how (or even if) the Dodge Fever wheelstander has affected any potential Touch Tone Terror reissue, but still hoping this kit sees the light of day.

Me too Casey....id think it would be fairly easy for them to re-issue the kit beings they have been re-issuing the same basic kit under the other ones...?  You know they would be good sellers for the company.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, disabled modeler said:

Me too Casey....id think it would be fairly easy for them to re-issue the kit beings they have been re-issuing the same basic kit under the other ones...?  You know they would be good sellers for the company.   

It was shown as a future release in this image from Neil's 2013 post...:

 

...and I recall someone her mentioned the Lil Red Wagon was still in a vendors lineup at that point (or maybe later still), so I don't recall the exact details, but that may have factored into their decision somehow.

I also wonder how they'd handle the IMC label. Would they re-brand it AMT in a retro style box? I have my doubts Round2 is interested in resurrecting the IMC brand, but I guess an e-mail inquiry to Round2 can't hurt, eh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Casey said:

It was shown as a future release in this image from Neil's 2013 post...:

 

...and I recall someone her mentioned the Lil Red Wagon was still in a vendors lineup at that point (or maybe later still), so I don't recall the exact details, but that may have factored into their decision somehow.

I also wonder how they'd handle the IMC label. Would they re-brand it AMT in a retro style box? I have my doubts Round2 is interested in resurrecting the IMC brand, but I guess an e-mail inquiry to Round2 can't hurt, eh?

Casey ..I have sent them a few ideas for new or re-issued kits before it was one of them...seems to me since the Touch Tone Terror was the first of those kits it would not be an issue to bring them back for us..?   id think it would be handled under the Lindberg name ..?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it would be one of the more difficult kits to reissue in its original form. Looking at just the paper parts, there would be a healthy bill from the printer/puncher alone:

2c9e946f-0bc8-4258-b4d1-c8d6246c64d7.jpg

 

Factor in the Ding-A-Ling parts haven't been used since 19...well, the very early '70s or very late '60s, so who knows if that section of the mold remains, or if they were separate inserts, if those can be found, or if they even still exist:

100_3247-vi.jpg

Edited by Casey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Truck parts said:

I would love to see it reissued 

Me too...you know they would sell well.   I just hope maybe they can bring it back for us someday..????   There are too many that need to be reissued that haven't yet that would sell very well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this