Model Cars Magazine Forum

Rockford Files trailer

Repstock

• 3 weeks later...

I made them. I have a large box of figures I've collected over the years, and I mix, match, or sculpt what I need. Angel has also been added to the lineup.

Dang!!! I was hoping to get a Jimmy figure for my finally Rockford Firebird build,I found the right body,paint,wheels etc. and this figure is a dead match.....Talent is one thing you sure have,I am enjoying this work sooooooooooooo very much!!!

Dang!!! I was hoping to get a Jimmy figure for my finally Rockford Firebird build,I found the right body,paint,wheels etc. and this figure is a dead match.....Talent is one thing you sure have,I am enjoying this work sooooooooooooo very much!!!

What color are you using? I'm using a 1975 Pontiac color Copper Mist metallic. It looks gold in the light, but more copper in the shadows. I'm going to make his Firebird a 1975 model. Scale Productions makes a Rockford figure. The body is far too barrel chested, but you can use the head, it's pretty good. With the supporting cast you're kind of on your own... 

What color are you using? I'm using a 1975 Pontiac color Copper Mist metallic. It looks gold in the light, but more copper in the shadows. I'm going to make his Firebird a 1975 model. Scale Productions makes a Rockford figure. The body is far too barrel chested, but you can use the head, it's pretty good. With the supporting cast you're kind of on your own... 

I found the PPG paint mix through a Rockford Files fan page and had it mixed for me....one of the shades of "gold" was GM Buckskin and later versions used Lt Topaz mix m,I found a nice resin '78 Firebird body to use,I envy you being I always liked the '74-'76 much better but just don't want to pay that much for one.....thanks for the info on Scale Productions,I will give it a look........again I love what you got so far and looking forward to more!

I found the PPG paint mix through a Rockford Files fan page and had it mixed for me....one of the shades of "gold" was GM Buckskin and later versions used Lt Topaz mix m,I found a nice resin '78 Firebird body to use,I envy you being I always liked the '74-'76 much better but just don't want to pay that much for one.....thanks for the info on Scale Productions,I will give it a look........again I love what you got so far and looking forward to more!

I saw that formula for Lt Topaz on a fan page. I'm curious to see how it looks when applied. Most of the Rockford models look too gold and too light. I understand that people have to model within their means, so that's not meant as an insult.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wow,very cool look.And I remember watching that show with that dumpy trailer.I had a buddy of mine who used to live in one just like that.Whatta dUmP!!!?But I really like the detailing that u did.Again,fantastic job.

Great job on this!The weathering really makes it look more realistic,very subtle and done just right.Where did you find your basic trailer dimensions?

Thank you. Dimensions were obtained from Nashua brochures and hundreds of screen grabs from the show. ,