Model Cars Magazine Forum

Prince has died at 57

sjordan2

Whoa. That's big news in these parts. An old buddy of mine was an extra (cop) in Purple Rain. Like half the Twin Cities wasn't. Guess I won't be doing doughnuts in his Paisley Park Studio parking lot any more. (Okay, I only did it once... in the winter). Anyway, that's kind of shocker.

I'm sorry, but this kind of stuff really get's me...it's sad when anybody dies, but people get all in a tizzy when some actor\actress, musician, etc goes, yet nobody bats an eye when a helicopter full of Marines is shot down, a pair of cops are assassinated in their squad car while eating lunch, or a firefighter is lost in a building trying to rescue someone who's trapped. Some hipster at work today is literally crying and crisis ordering a bunch of Prince albums on iTunes...she obviously didn't care enough about him when he was alive to buy his music, but now that he's dead, suddenly she cares? People in this country need to re-examine themselves.

I'm sorry, but this kind of stuff really get's me...it's sad when anybody dies, but people get all in a tizzy when some actor\actress, musician, etc goes, yet nobody bats an eye when a helicopter full of Marines is shot down, a pair of cops are assassinated in their squad car while eating lunch, or a firefighter is lost in a building trying to rescue someone who's trapped. Some hipster at work today is literally crying and crisis ordering a bunch of Prince albums on iTunes...she obviously didn't care enough about him when he was alive to buy his music, but now that he's dead, suddenly she cares? People in this country need to re-examine themselves.

x2

When I was 18 I can't tell you how many times I rented and watched Purple Rain. I only liked 1999 and Purple Rain albums. He had talent. I hate to hear of anyone losing their life. Many of us associate music with a certain time in our lives.  He also did the first Batman movie sound track in the late 80's..  

I wonder what happens now to his Paisley Park mansion/recording studio. Did he leave his assets to someone? Or will it become a museum like Graceland after Elvis died?

Some sentimental developer will buy the property and construct high end apartment towers resembling Prince's platform boots with national chain flagship stores in the five level shopping atrium to be built in the heels.. 

Hit me hard...been a fan since I first heard 'Little Red Corvette' at age 12 on the radio...his music has long been part of the soundtrack of my life.  Saw him in concert twice...heard about it at work this morning, been listening on my phone all day to various Prince tracks...and that incredible Super Bowl half time...  :(