Model Cars Magazine Forum

Chrysler 300 x 3.

StevenGuthmiller

Thanks so much guys!

Being an ex 300 owner myself, I consider it my personal crusade to at least build all of the Johan 300 kits that were offered.

Almost half way there! ^_^

Steve, these are incredible!!! In that upper echelon with the best builds I've ever seen.  Your latest is gorgeous, but man that blue takes my breath away.

Thanks Kevin!

That "blue" is a little deceiving.

The lighting may have been a little off in that photo, or more likely, my camera settings, but it looks quite a bit more blue in this photo than it actually is.

The color is actually correct 1965 "Royal Turquoise".

As you can see from these more recent indoor shots, it's much "greener" than the original photos depict.

Granted, natural light really changes a paint color, but I think my camera was playing games with me that day.

Sorry about destroying that beautiful blue for you. :P

Steve

photo DSCN5093_zpsbkzjvecc.jpg photo DSCN5095_zpssrgucwzz.jpg

Ive said it so many times before but Im saying it again.....beautiful work Steve, these are top class.

On the subject of your outdoor photos, a lot of them are showing a blueish tint on your Flickr page too, I almost thought you were using a blue filter to start with. The inside shots like those of the 65 above really show the detail off a lot better.

I so want to start building my 65 300, but until I can source a pair of front seats Im stuck.....and parts for these do not come up very often at all!.

I just thought that having just finished my '66, some of you might like to see a trio of old Johan kits.

'64, '65 & '66.

Still have the '62, '63, '67 & '68 to go!

All in good time I guess. :P

Steve

photo DSCN3685_zps339f0f1a.jpg photo DSCN3963_zpsjwx8fwrz.jpg photo DSCN5053_zpsgo08en5a.jpg

Very nice models, Steve! Perfect execution, as always!

Where are the spoke wheels on the '64 from (I guess Monogram/Aurora Jaguar XKE/Maserati 3500 or Aston Martin DB4)?

Very nice models, Steve! Perfect execution, as always!

Where are the spoke wheels on the '64 from (I guess Monogram/Aurora Jaguar XKE/Maserati 3500 or Aston Martin DB4)?

Actually, those wire wheels came straight from the original annual kit.

Several of these mid 60s Johan Chryslers included them as a custom option.

The built kit that I bought had the wires & no stock caps, so I went ahead & used them on the build.

Never really cared for the stock '64 hubcaps anyway. :)

Steve

All 3 are very nice of course, Steve. But, one question. Did Chrysler offer the '65 300s with dog dishes like you have on your model? They look nice. But are they correct?

No Scott.

The Built kit that I acquired had no stock caps & as you can imagine, the stock ones are not easy to come by.

I wanted to keep it "stock-ish" so any kind of mag wheels were out of the question, so I decided that dog dishes were one of my few options.

Let's just call it a "what if".

Or maybe a special order by the original buyer. ;)

Steve

I thought that was the case. Waiting to see your '67 and '68.

Those I have the stock caps for! :)

The only problem is, My 1:1 '67 300 was a late production car so it had the '68 style caps.

Well, I can't in good conscience steal the ones from the '68 kit.

Then what will I do for the '68?

Although, my '67 had Cragar SS wheels on it for most of the time I owned it, so I may have to go that route.

Steve