Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dodge L700 updated 6/2

This is my first finished truck contribution to the forum. It's the Lindberg Dodge L700.  This was a fun build and went together fairly easy. I didn't use the rear hub covers that are supplied, instead I used BMF to keep the flange bolt detail that the kit supplied part covers up. In the future it will likely get some decals but since I'm not sure what the decals will be yet I decided to post it as done. More pics are in my photobucket http://s22.photobucket.com/user/truracer20/Dodge L700 Tractor/story

104_1266.jpg

104_1272.jpg

104_1270.jpg

104_1271.jpg

Edited by dshue76

Very well done................these are great kits but can be challenging! You did WELL!

X's 2       It looks  good from where I sit!

Be Well

Gator

I knew the doors can be tricky so I took my time to get everything placed right. First I got the cab side done then installed just the door hinge to the cab. then I taped the door into the opening and shimmed between the cab and the door side hinge to get it in the right position then I held the interior door panel in place and glued it. Once that was set I glued the hinge to the door. I use liquid glue from Plastruct since it drys really quick and there is no possibility of anything slipping after I set the parts aside.

I was on the fence about lowering the rear ride height until I mocked it up. Way too high! But once lowered I had to add a plate under the fifth wheel to get the trailer to sit level.

I weathered everything but the outside of the body with mud tones. The body is cleared with Testors flat acryl. All paints are water based acrylics. I wanted it to be a fairly new looking work horse that gets cared for. I'm thinking of making it a farm or produce truck. I still think I should have painted the mirror heads white.

I want to build another as a dump truck or hook lift dumpster truck.

Real nice build and just enough weathering! This is the first L700 cab I've seen that sits level:D

Agreed on the level stance.............most of these built without a stance fix look like some kids hotrod from the 60's and 70's............rear end jacked to the sky. Well done!

Agreed on the level stance.............most of these built without a stance fix look like some kids hotrod from the 60's and 70's............rear end jacked to the sky. Well done!

They aren't supposed to sit level until the trailer was hooked up.

page02and03-vi_zpsooxir3t3.jpg

Looks like Doug's model sits just about right.

Thanks guys.

On the rear ride height I took at least 3/16" out!

And Harry I think I will revisit the mirror color. White will make a huge difference in over all appearance. 

Agreed. And it's not too late. ;)

Edited by dshue76

Thanks. I really should have done that from the start, it was planned but one they were blue I thought they looked ok and then I couldn't make up my mind. But once I posted the pics I really started having a change of heart lol.

I just couldn't paint the chassis black, even though all reference pics show these painted black. I have a bad habit of painting all truck chassis' black and this was the build that I decided would break that habit...

Edited by dshue76