Model Cars Magazine Forum

Favorite Fast Food

I've learned that deep fried Mars bars and similar is a big hit in Scotland.  Man, I don't think I'll ever spend much time there....and Haggis, Norm, how could you?   :D

Something else about poor food too. Now I think the Dutch are about the coolest folks in Europe.  Great health and social programs, low taxation, they're hilarious and love a good time, their country is beautiful.  No, read zero trash to be seen, the place is clean.  A wealthy country (no wars to finance since hundreds of years).  Just the food sucks.  Not even the Italian restaurants get it right.

But I'm spoiled.  German, Swiss, Austrian and Italian is just plain good.

I miss BBQ, and a Deli Sandwich would be good too.

When I grew up the rule was "You have to try everything, some you will like and some maybe not".  Found some good food items, just don't tell me what's in them or how they are made.

Haggis surprised me, the way it was prepared and flavored made it delicious.:)

Not necessarily fast food but English Haggis is not as bad as we are led to believe.  In fact the last I had was quit tasty.  :)

Sheep's heart, lungs, liver, fat, onion and oatmeal baked in the sheep's stomach. What's not to love? 

Being a good 1/4 Scot, I love the stuff...best eaten while listening to bagpipe music with a wee dram of single-malt.  :D

Sheep's heart, lungs, liver, fat, onion and oatmeal baked in the sheep's stomach. What's not to love? 

Being a good 1/4 Scot, I love the stuff...best eaten while listening to bagpipe music with a wee dram of single-malt.  :D

Love it!  Hilarious :D

My moms parents were born in the Highlands.  He had a butcher shop in Sandusky.

Mom said though, they always had good food at home.  No innards.  So, scratch the haggie mess or whatever it's called. lol.

The old fellow was a heart and soul, all in one person, a wonderful Granddad. He let me taste my 1st draft beer at a neighborhood bar, way back when.

A person who has no right to condemn lutefisk.

You guys ever had deep-fried Mars bars?

I can't even find Mars bars anymore!

Too bad, I always liked them. But deep-fried...no.

I did, however, indulge a little at the PawSox tonight and had some fried dough. Been a million years since I had some. Problem was it was so windy, all the powdered sugar and cinnamon blew onto my shirt and pants.

Last night, I went to the festival the Greek church does every Labor Day weekend; great food there. I'm going to go tomorrow and grab a couple of items from the bake table to bring to a friends' parent's house for their cookout.

Charlie Larkin

The worst thing I ever had in Spain....A deep fried pig's ear. Looked good - horrible to eat.

since the thread has gone this direction...

I have eaten Rocky Mountain Oysters in Denver at the Trail Dust Steakhouse.   For those who think this is seafood, nope it's fried bulls testicals!

I used to go to Denver quarterly for meetings and an annual conference. We always went to Trail Dust Steakhouse because it was good and it was fun.  We usually had some new guys along who had never been there.  We'd order the 'oysters, which were an appetizer, and pass them around.  Then once they had eaten some, we'd tell them what they had just eaten.  Most guys were good sports.  Anyway, the testicals were sliced, breaded and fried.  Pretty much looked and tasted like veal.  It didn't hurt anyone.

DSC00342

And I built this truck to commemorate my visits to Denver. This was before printer generated decals.

I took the logo off a match book and printed it on the Xerox machine.

And since Haggis came up (which it may if you ate some!)  it reminded me of some trivia...  Do you know that they don't sell Lucky Charms cereal in Ireland?

And why?  Do the Irish find the caricature of a leprechaun  offensive?   Nope.  The cereal exceeds the sugar content allowed under EU guidelines!   We should adopt those standards here! 

since the thread has gone this direction...

I have eaten Rocky Mountain Oysters in Denver at the Trail Dust Steakhouse.   For those who think this is seafood, nope it's fried bulls testicals!

I used to go to Denver quarterly for meetings and an annual conference. We always went to Trail Dust Steakhouse because it was good and it was fun.  We usually had some new guys along who had never been there.  We'd order the 'oysters, which were an appetizer, and pass them around.  Then once they had eaten some, we'd tell them what they had just eaten.  Most guys were good sports.  Anyway, the testicals were sliced, breaded and fried.  Pretty much looked and tasted like veal.  It didn't hurt anyone.

DSC00342

And I built this truck to commemorate my visits to Denver. This was before printer generated decals.

I took the logo off a match book and printed it on the Xerox machine.

And since Haggis came up (which it may if you ate some!)  it reminded me of some trivia...  Do you know that they don't sell Lucky Charms cereal in Ireland?

And why?  Do the Irish find the caricature of a leprechaun  offensive?   Nope.  The cereal exceeds the sugar content allowed under EU guidelines!   We should adopt those standards here! 

NO to sugar bans.  I eat cereal for the sugar rush...  "White death" hasn't killed me yet and believe me I should be dead with the stuff I have done  :)

I too am not for a ban on sugar? I live in the land of the free. And if I choose to kill myself with sugar, I should be able to do so. I'm tired of all this political rightness B.S. I'm not a big fan of Lucky Charms. But, there are a lot worst things I can think of to consume. Alcohol for one. We tryed banning that one about 100 years ago. And how did that work out in the end? I've never heard of a person get into major car accident and killing someone because they ate Lucky Charms. By the way, I don't drink because it's bad for me and I get in trouble when I do. But that does mean I feel it's bad for everybody, and they all should quit consuming alcohol? I'm 58 years old. I hope I'm gone before this type of stuff goes too far. Pass me the Lucky Charms, it sounds like it may get me there a little quicker. But, without taking anybody else with me.

Edited by unclescott58

read around some of the other posts in the off-topic forum and ponder if things would be different with some sound dietary advice and a little exercise.

Your an ass. And need to go away. Have you posted anything here, in any thread, that's not a put down of other people? I have yet to see any. I've been here awhile, and most of the guys posting here are pretty good guys. I like what they have to say. You just seem to be out to offend other people. Why? What's your aim in posting what you do?

Edited by unclescott58