[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
martinfan5

Beemax Audi Quattro

This one has gone up on your finer Japanese direct import vendors, along with it's Detail Up set, for October release. 

While I can appreciate the detail that they put in these cars, they are ugly as all hell ... The Chevy Cruz was cool, but these are a little too over-the-top for me ....

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Dale Gribble said:

While I can appreciate the detail that they put in these cars, they are ugly as all hell ... The Chevy Cruz was cool, but these are a little too over-the-top for me ....

Group B Rally was very much over-the-top in every manner. Most of the entrants were 4WD and there were no power regulations so things like this Audi were incredibly lightweight cars with tremendous HP to weight ratios.  The S1 was over 500HP on just over a ton of car that would go 0-60 in 3 seconds...in 1985. They needed all the spoilers and whatnot to try to generate enough downforce to keep the cars on the track, and ultimately the cars were too fast to be safely driven and a number of fatal accidents doomed Group B after only 2 1/2 seasons.

Edited by niteowl7710

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, niteowl7710 said:

Group B Rally was very much over-the-top in every manner. Most of the entrants were 4WD and there were no power regulations so things like this Audi were incredibly lightweight cars with tremendous HP to weight ratios.  The S1 was over 500HP on just over a ton of car that would go 0-60 in 3 seconds...in 1985. They needed all the spoilers and whatnot to try to generate enough downforce to keep the cars on the track, and ultimately the cars were too fast to safely driven and a number of fatal accidents doomed Group B after only 2 1/2 seasons.

Very well said! Yes this car was boxy and not aesthetically pleasing, but it was definitely a monster. Also, the inline 5 cylinder turbo sounds amazing.

Edited by Turberticus

We had a Sales Manager for Audi live a few doors away in the day when the first one of this model Audi came into the UK (the road version).

So I had a chance to drive it!

Then as a rally/race marshall I saw the standard length Audi Quattro and this short Sport version on the RAC rallies in the UK, before they banned Group 2 cars altogether!

This is like torture, waiting for this to be released.  I see there are decals for the Bobby Unser, Pikes Peak car.