Model Cars Magazine Forum

CANNONBALL 2017

Jantrix

3 hours ago, 426 pack said:

20 more days until we can start working on the 2018 cannonball cars. Don't know about you guys but I already have 3 cars that I want to build for next year.

Oh, I have about 10 that I want to build. But, seeing how it usually takes about 11.25 months to finish one, I’ll take it one step at a time. 

Congrats to all the finishers !!!!!!!!!!

Great race this year with some really nice examples of creative building. Anyone reading thru this thread has to come away with an appreciation of the support and encouragement that you all give each other over the course of the year. Makes one wish that this 'spirit' would be more prevalent in other sections of this forum:)

I had contacted Rob this summer with the idea that I would "sponsor" the Cannonball Run.  As a new vendor of model car goodies we thought it could be a 'win -win'  for all parties.

In an effort to recognize  your accomplishments I am pleased to send out to each finisher a small gift package.  I will be posting pictures of all the finisher's models on my store's website (with permission).

Am already working on increasing the budget for goodies for all next years finishers:D

Looking forward to next year and seeing what everyone comes up with!

Thanks,

Randy

Big congratulations to Bruce! I've got a few Straight cylindered powered hot rod ideas for next year already swirling through my devious head. Nothing as radical as the Dodge from this year or as over my head as the 50 Ford truck from the Aussie Ball that I still haven't finished. My main goal for these is to show improvement, which comparing  the 2015 Sleeper Cougar to the Dodge from this year is quite a difference. Next year I'm thinking of maybe doing a few cars for this CBP, I've got like 4 Straight sixes and inline fours with no homes, and 3 old hot rod bodies and frames just needing some inspiration. 

2 hours ago, Randy D said:

Anyone reading thru this thread has to come away with an appreciation of the support and encouragement that you all give each other over the course of the year. Makes one wish that this 'spirit' would be more prevalent in other sections of this forum:)

KInd words Randy. It's a shame Photobucket had to undermine our racers' hard work by dropping the links to half the photos, so late readers miss much of what this thread was about.

It's also very kind of you to offer sponsored awards. 

3 hours ago, Randy D said:

Congrats to all the finishers !!!!!!!!!!

Great race this year with some really nice examples of creative building. Anyone reading thru this thread has to come away with an appreciation of the support and encouragement that you all give each other over the course of the year. Makes one wish that this 'spirit' would be more prevalent in other sections of this forum:)

Honestly this is why the Cannonball CBP still exists. We have a group of really great people who understand that competition or no, this for fun. Some of these guys have been with us since the very first run on that other forum. Terrific builders and good friends. Otherwise, I'd have given this up long ago.

A big final thanks to Mike for driving this home for me. I've only got internet for a few minutes at lunch, at work, and dealing with the poll would have a pain in the butt.  Much appreciated. We'll have internet at the new homestead in the spring. 

I will be posting up the thread for next years run before Christmas, so people can post up their plans before kick off on Jan. 1. Pay close attention to what people are posting up so that you don't end up doing the same thing. With a limited field of kits with straight engines, it's quite possible.

Randy, thanks for your offer to provide gifts for the finishers, that's very generous. After perusing your website, it's a safe bet you'll be seeing an order from me soon.

Congrats to Bruce!

This year I didn't finish my Chrysler "Turbine" Car as I just didn't have time to build anything during the summer months... Well, let's see what happens next year. I already have a few ideas, but I'm not sure yet which one I'll enter with...

2 hours ago, Jantrix said:

Honestly this is why the Cannonball CBP still exists. We have a group of really great people who understand that competition or no, this for fun. Some of these guys have been with us since the very first run on that other forum. Terrific builders and good friends. Otherwise, I'd have given this up long ago.

A big final thanks to Mike for driving this home for me. I've only got internet for a few minutes at lunch, at work, and dealing with the poll would have a pain in the butt.  Much appreciated. We'll have internet at the new homestead in the spring. 

I will be posting up the thread for next years run before Christmas, so people can post up their plans before kick off on Jan. 1. Pay close attention to what people are posting up so that you don't end up doing the same thing. With a limited field of kits with straight engines, it's quite possible.

Randy, thanks for your offer to provide gifts for the finishers, that's very generous. After perusing your website, it's a safe bet you'll be seeing an order from me soon.

I see Randy sells Clearly Scale stuff.  I forgot to mention it but the manual transmission I put in the orange Caprice is a Clearly Scale T56 from one of their Supercharged Hemi kits.