Model Cars Magazine Forum

'64 Ford Falcon T/A

afx

Thanks Bo.  I've picked the exterior color: Testors MM-Sand Beige.  My best guess is the car was "Prairie Tan"

Image result for 64 ford falcon colorsImage result for model master sand beigeSessler-JohnsonFalcon 67SebringMidOhio1967BobJohnson2-vi.jpg

I've painted the interior tub "Wimbledon White" - at least for now.  May paint it body color.  I haven't found any interior shots but it looks fairly light in color.

Edited by afx

Ford_Falcon_Sprint_1967__33_MidOhio_JohnFord_Falcon_Sprint_1967__33_MidOhio_JohnMidOhio1967BobJohnson2-vi.jpg

I've painted the interior tub "Wimbledon White" - at least for now.  May paint it body color.  I haven't found any interior shots but it looks fairly light in color.

This is the only color photo I have and I hope it helps.

Edited by Gramps46
duplicate photos

Great pictures Gary-thank you!  I need to re-think my color choice, looks more like "Navajo Beige" with black interior.   Any idea what the orange panel at the back is?

Edited by afx

I doubt that as the fuel filler is in direct opposition to the SCCA GCR regs, note the "quick-fill" cap on the decklid as opposed to the stock filler dead center in the rear fascia. If I recall (and my mind is well wasted) "safety" upgrades would trump (but not Donald) the stated GCR regulations so a fuel cell would likely have been "OK" and obviously is being filled from above the stock filler location.

I do believe the regulations you posted are not the SCCA "GCR"s but an international (i.e. not "Murican" like God intended) version and therefor may vary.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v411/mecklm/64_Ford-Falcon-num17_DV-14-MH-02.jpg.cf_zpsysgygibb.jpg

This is about the only rear view I could find but it shows the stock tank and filler nicely. I'm going to have to stay with my original comment that the earlier photo shows a fuel cell. Minor technicality, overall, since your cars always turn out looking like the real deal. Either way will look awesome. 

Can't rotate the battery without rebuilding the inner fender so I am going to leave it as is.  Remember to deduct for this if your scoring at home.  :)

Now that's funny right there!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

You sure know how to put on a good show JC! Really whippin' this one into shape. Looks terrific man.