Model Cars Magazine Forum

ZZ Top's Eliminator Coupe

SawgrassRaven

Great work Jason, between this, the Howlin' Wolf build and the Moonshiner, you show some incredibly high-end skills. No need to doubt yourself brother, you're good!

Nice! Great job on attaching that separate top. :D

Now I finally know where the chopped top I have in my parts stash came from, thanks Glenn! I've had it for years and had no idea what it came from, because I never bought this kit!

Great work Jason, between this, the Howlin' Wolf build and the Moonshiner, you show some incredibly high-end skills. No need to doubt yourself brother, you're good!

Now I finally know where the chopped top I have in my parts stash came from, thanks Glenn! I've had it for years and had no idea what it came from, because I never bought this kit!

Thanks Mike.  That means a lot to me.  :)

Thanks Jason for the pic was wondering if you used the kit engine with the ZZ top valve covers and air cleaner...

I like those parts ...... Very cool kit ....and like others have said you do excellent work...!

Yeah, it's all box stock. Including that extra molded-in muffler and exhaust to compliment the dual exhausts :) . One day I plan to build another, except done right.

Nice! It always makes me smile when I see someone build the Eliminator Coupe. Especially 35 years after the real car was built. Goes to show what an icon the car is. I was a little kid in the early 80's when the series of videos came out featuring the car and it is what's responsible for me listening to ZZ Top's music. I built several of these models as a kid. The engine and chassis are terrible but the part that matters, the exterior, is right-on.

:)