Model Cars Magazine Forum

1980 Chevrolet Citation X-11

echoxrayniner

I've been on a kick on building the model kits from the uh, less fortunate era of the US automotive history. Got a '80 Volare, '80 Omni 024 and a '83 Charger that I oddly enough all got from a French retailer here in Europe, but also a ol' '81 Citation kit, the lowrider one with all the neat options to make it a proper X-11. Its a nice timepiece to a truly, truly awful car. Atleast this one lasts!

1980chevycitationx11-16.jpg 

1980chevycitationx11-9.jpg

1980chevycitationx11-14.jpg

Nice build of a rare car.  There were very few of the Citation two doors built. Most of them were the four door hatchback.  And you are right, they were poor cars. In 1982 my wife's friend bought one new at the same time we bought a 1982 Nissan Stanza.  She had lots of trouble with the Citation from new and was very interested that we had no problems with the Nissan.

Nice build of a rare car.  There were very few of the Citation two doors built. Most of them were the four door hatchback.  And you are right, they were poor cars. In 1982 my wife's friend bought one new at the same time we bought a 1982 Nissan Stanza.  She had lots of trouble with the Citation from new and was very interested that we had no problems with the Nissan.

Agreed - good job! Slick photography of the subject, too!

Edited by ToyLvr

Thanks! I find these kits extra interesting cause they carry a fair bit of history and somewhat of a (if not tainted) legacy to 'em, besides that as a European its real interesting to delve deeper in the dark ages of the US automotive industries, especially the early eighties where Detroit really couldnt get their y'know-what together in terms of making a low cost, high reliability car.

Agreed - good job! Slick photography of the subject, too!

Having a good camera helps hah, does 99% of the work for me!

Looks really good!  :)  I have several "unfortunate" cars too.  Good to see how these turn out.

Ohh I wanna see 'em!

I've been on a kick on building the model kits from the uh, less fortunate era of the US automotive history. Got a '80 Volare, '80 Omni 024 and a '83 Charger that I oddly enough all got from a French retailer here in Europe,  

I can see that. I get it. Neat idea and Citation looks as good as any.

I have one of these in a box, stalled. This makes me want to dig it out and continue working on it. Mine is more of a 'Tuner' car.

From what the kit displays, that wouldn't actually look all that bad. I would've built the tuner version if I had two of 'em, kind of reminds me of a mid eighties rallycross car.