Model Cars Magazine Forum

'69 Chevy nova SS

Evan Williams

Here's my revell '69 nova SS with a 350 size engine. This was a huge milestone in my building as this was my first paint job to turn out flawlessly. I absolutely loved this build and I put as many drag racing options as I could into it, while still keeping it a street car. If anyone sees anything I could improve upon or do better please say something. I want to get better

IMG_9248.JPG

IMG_9249.JPG

IMG_9250.JPG

IMG_9251.JPG

IMG_9252.JPG

IMG_9253.JPG

IMG_9254.JPG

IMG_9255.JPG

IMG_9273.JPG

Nice job. The wheels, stance and engine work well together. As far as improvements, try your hand at doing washes, the grill would benefit from it. Keep it up. Like anything else, the more you do it,  the better you get. 

x2

Very nice build. As others have mentioned a light wash on the grill and the hood vents would go a long way. You might want to try your hand at foiling the chrome trim on your next build, or get one of the Liquid Chrome pens to do the trim. 

Very nice build. As others have mentioned a light wash on the grill and the hood vents would go a long way. You might want to try your hand at foiling the chrome trim on your next build, or get one of the Liquid Chrome pens to do the trim. 

Thanks!! I'll look into it!!

Detail painting will really bring your models to life and look more realistic. As mentioned, doing a wash on the front grille, picking out details in the engine compartment and interior, and depicting chrome trim will make a huge difference. It takes time and practice, most of us have to remind ourselves to slow down and use patience.

Overall, your car looks good, a little bit of detailing and it will look great!

It takes time and practice, most of us have to remind ourselves to slow down and use patience.

Ha! You got that right! Sometimes I want to fly through a particular step, but sure enough something comes along which forces me to slow down and take a second look! ;) 

Ha! You got that right! Sometimes I want to fly through a particular step, but sure enough something comes along which forces me to slow down and take a second look! ;) 

This admission coming from the likes of Bill Geary tells you that model building isn't easy! If someone of Bill's caliber tells you "Slow Down!" then you know we all fall victim of wanting to get a model done faster than we should.