Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell '70 Charger

and hemi and six pack's used the same lid .

no  They didn't.

I'n the 1/1 world the spacing for the wingnuts is different. 

Hemi and single 4 barrel  were the exact same lid.

There are other differences....but in 1.25th  scale . Any differences would be hard to detect.

Edited by gtx6970

It'll probably be a few more days before most places carry the Charger and D.P. Ford Fusion.  From talking to the vendors this weekend at a local show who have brick & mortar stores and participate in the Revell Preferred Provider program they all had their  orders in and then Hobbico decided to force ship out all those Build n Play Star Wars kits they introduced on 9/1 as part of people's orders which effectively doubled the cost, so everyone had to scramble to cancel off the RPP stuff and re-order for regular delivery at the beginning of October.  They did the same thing last year in September, so this wasn't exactly a surprise, but for vendors who don't have a full-service hobby shop (like Mark Twain Hobbies who is the eBay seller on that auction) and only carry cars what were they gonna do with a case of Star Wars kits they didn't order in the first place...so we continue to wait through this mild inconvenience. 

It'll probably be a few more days before most places carry the Charger and D.P. Ford Fusion.  From talking to the vendors this weekend at a local show who have brick & mortar stores and participate in the Revell Preferred Provider program they all had their  orders in and then Hobbico decided to force ship out all those Build n Play Star Wars kits they introduced on 9/1 as part of people's orders which effectively doubled the cost, so everyone had to scramble to cancel off the RPP stuff and re-order for regular delivery at the beginning of October.  They did the same thing last year in September, so this wasn't exactly a surprise, but for vendors who don't have a full-service hobby shop (like Mark Twain Hobbies who is the eBay seller on that auction) and only carry cars what were they gonna do with a case of Star Wars kits they didn't order in the first place...so we continue to wait through this mild inconvenience. 

That explains why only a few places have DP's Ferd Fusion, I was wondering what was going on.

I too just got a look at the new Revell 70' Charger rt  .............. not to bad need some help ,decals are ok but I wish the Hemi on the hood would be separate and not on the hood stripes and the tail stripes are wrong NO "V" shape to them ,I think after the Tail lights are painted up it might look OK !

Edited by Mr mopar

you will have to get them from Keith Marks ............. did you see the rest of the kit?

I bought some Fred Cady and Keith Marks Decals for the '70 Charger when I was going to build my Modelhaus/ original annual MPC I built back in the day, but scrapped to do an accurate '69 from one of the original DOH kits back in the '80's. It's kind of funny, I have a lot of Chargers in my collection, and I plan to get one of these too. I even know what color it will be(Triple Black Hemi R/T), as I have a Hemming Muscle Magazine with the particular car on the cover. I have to get a set of white letter Polyglas GT's, and a set of proper Rally Wheels for the car. It should be a fine stable mate with my '67 and '71 Hemi Chargers. I may turn the new kit into a 440 Car, and build the Resin Bodied one as a Hemi. Decisions, Decisions.

dose anyone make the Decals for Landy  70' Charger ?

I think MOST of them can be had from a couple different sheets / suppliers.

EXCEPT ------ The Bob Lambeck and the Pepsi logo will be the problem. I dont know of any source for them

As an FYI, I dont believe Dick Landy ever drove this car. I'm pretty sure  It was always a hired gun driver.