Model Cars Magazine Forum

1967 Cougar - Modelhaus

RestoModGuy

Such a sweet ride!  I am rapt in the glossy blue paint.  I built mine (AMT body with Modelhaus hood) in a similar style and painted in Testor's Guards Red one shot acrylic.  I like it a lot but, wow, I just keep going back to that blue paint and thinking of what might have been.

These are easily the most under-rated pony cars. I don't understand why you don't see more real ones and more model ones.  Congratulations on a beautiful job.

Cheers

Alan

These are easily the most under-rated pony cars. I don't understand why you don't see more real ones and more model ones.  Congratulations on a beautiful job.

Cheers

Alan

Well said, Alan. You're 100% correct. I also never understood why the '67 to '70 Cougars aren't more common. They were really great little Pony Cars. Just look at this beautiful blue example. What's not to love about that?

Beautiful looking build. I have always thought this was the best looking Cougar body style. Your color choice looks perfect with the white interior. Like the others I had a friend with a Dark Green/ dark Saddle interior XR7 with the 390 and auto. You did a great car justice.  

As a collector of original Custom Volkswagens, I can't wait to see your take on it as part of your "sweet sixteen" builds. Based on how gorgeous this Cougar is, the VW is going to be awesome. Will you be using the IMC VW,  since there's speculation that Hot Wheels got their details from that very kit?

Thanks for sharing - looking forward to the rest of the builds also.

Mike 

As a collector of original Custom Volkswagens, I can't wait to see your take on it as part of your "sweet sixteen" builds. Based on how gorgeous this Cougar is, the VW is going to be awesome. Will you be using the IMC VW,  since there's speculation that Hot Wheels got their details from that very kit?

Thanks for sharing - looking forward to the rest of the builds also.

Mike 

Mike, thanks.... I should have got the IMC VW kit since it is already front engine V8, however when I was scooping up all the kits I needed its was crazy expensive and I ended up buying the Revell kit. I'll be modifing it to have a chromed V8 up front. Think I'll do the Hot Pink color, as that is what I recall I had as a kid

Hey, I have both the IMC and the later Union kits, both unbuilt. If there's any info or pics you need of anything involved with those kits, just let me know and I'll see what I can do. I also have an extensive collection of the VW from Hot Wheels, including some duplicates that are in storage. If you need a clean example of one, just pm me your address and I'll shoot one over to you. 

Mike 2017-11-10_12.01.07.thumb.jpg.87964606d1

2017-11-10_12.02.00.thumb.jpg.f8a8ceddba