Model Cars Magazine Forum

Post pics of your 68-70 dodge chargers

426 pack

The 68-70 dodge charger is my #1 favourite muscle car and I thought it would be cool to see what everyone has biult them like and maybe get some insperation for some future builds 

Here are my 3 dodge chargers that I have built over the past couple of years. 

The first one has a 440 6pack,  4speed and back tires from the revell 32 ford kit.

the second one is a fast and furious replica with a blown HEMI  

and the third one is a rusted out one that I was going to build as a show car but I messed up the paint and biult it as a parts car.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by 426 pack

AMT version of the Dodge DaytonaDaytona.thumb.JPG.719541f38602be7bd49ed223ba7d1ba2.JPGAMT-Daytona2.thumb.JPG.2c2caac63c6c503f7d0b0069b9e15164.JPG

MPC 1970 Charger - Built as  a replica of a good friends car

IMG_0552.JPG

MPC 1968 Charger built as the Dick Landy SS car

DSC01660.JPG

And Revell 1968 Charger RT. Built as a replica of a friends car ( I also built the 1/1 )

left-front.jpg

Lrear.jpg

Edited by gtx6970

Wow there are some cool cars and gives me some ideas. 

15 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Here's a survivor, the MPC '68 I built in 1968. It's long overdue for a cleanup and resto. 

68Charger01.jpg.819ff6f596d5aa20aa64de737e53903a.jpg

Snake that is amazing that that survived for 49 years. I see the hood looks like it opens what motor dose it have?

25 minutes ago, 426 pack said:

Wow there are some cool cars and gives me some ideas. 

Snake that is amazing that that survived for 49 years. I see the hood looks like it opens what motor dose it have?

Whatever came in the kit--Hemi, I'm pretty sure. If/when I clean and refurb it, The outrageous gigonda slicks will go and be replaced by something more plausibly sized. Sadly, the stock wheel covers are long, long gone. 

The paint's not in good enough shape for a full resto, and I don't want to strip it, being a relic of my childhood. I'll probably go for a late '70s daily driver or street fighter vibe. 

Just since we're talking Chargers, last week at the toy show I picked up cheap a built '69 (painted dark blue) I think is probably an MPC DOH. It has no emblems, hood pins on the trunk lid, and, to my surprise, no vents in the cowl! What's up with that? Of course it has the Charger 500 roof treatment. It should also be a fun quick-refurb project. 

And what's the deal with '69 Charger hoods? Are there two different types, one with "crisp" recesses (like this '68) and one with "soft" recesses? I think the AMT Charger 500 kit has the sharp recesses, and all the DOH kits including the new one have the soft recesses. 

On 12/8/2017 at 5:44 PM, Snake45 said:

Here's a survivor, the MPC '68 I built in 1968. It's long overdue for a cleanup and resto. 

68Charger01.jpg.819ff6f596d5aa20aa64de737e53903a.jpg

Glad you kept all your stuff from your childhood days, Snake! I gave all mine away after high school which was 30 years ago and a lot of them were cool old JoHan kits I built up, among other neat stuff.