Model Cars Magazine Forum

Man how we love out pets

cobraman

This morning we had to have one of our cats put to sleep. She was about 18 and we rescued her when she was about 7. She had kidney failure. She was my little buddy as i am retired and spent a lot of my day with her. I am not ashamed to say I loved that little cat. She will be missed .  We really do get so very attached to our pets and they do become part of the family. I will miss you Cali.

Especially this time of the year, the more we are around people, the more we love our animals.  I've had to do it three times and it never got easier!  It rips your heart out!!

Now is not the time, but when don't let it stop you from adopting again.  Clearly she was loved and too many dogs/cats never get that.

Condolences from me and four rescue dogs

Jeff

Edited by HomerS

We have a 16 year old Dachshund that we have had since she was weened. She has never had any medical issues to speak of.  I know its coming but I hate thinking of the day when she takes a nap and doesn't wake up.

Its all part of life and living.  Never forget all of the good times you had!

1 hour ago, dieseldawg142 said:

you had a lot of quality time together, and it hurts when they go. 

their just as much family as any other member of the house, and it's never easy. may she be resting easier now....

not to pile on Ray, but my skinny pig Squiggy also died today :(

So sorry for your loss. They really get to us don't they ?

I'm very sorry Ray. I know full well the pain it causes. We had to put down our siamese, Bob back in 09, kidney failure as well, she was 19, and then 2 years ago had to put down our male, Milo, just plain old old, he was almost 22, and had quit eating, so it was time. I think he was holding on for our sakes. We held him as they did it. Hardest thing I've ever done, even harder than seeing my mom on her deathbed. I will be praying for you.

Exactly,it was really hard losing them,but had three cats.Mother,daughter,and father.The mother had to be at least 17,18 years old,until cancer in her hip,forced me to have to put her down.The father cat,my little buddy,which is what I used to call him a lot of times,just died one night.No idea why.I found him on my couch in the morning.His name was Cole.And then just this past summer,I wound up having to put the daughter,Cassie down,because she developed lung cancer.She was still pretty young too..And I have to admit,I was pretty upset when they were all gone.Then I said to myself,no more furry pets,and to maybe get a reptile.?.I really loved all of them,and sometimes I can't believe that there all gone now..And the crazy part is that I was never a cat person.

Sorry to hear this Ray and Dan as well for the rest of you all...its hard to take once they have become members of the family.   We have 3 cats all rescues and we also have a dog.   I too had one that was a daddy's girl for almost 20 years till we had to have her put down.   One of out 3 we have now has become the reincarnation of her ...he has the same need to be with me all the time.   

Ray, I know how hard it is as I cried when I had to have 3 put to sleep due to serious medical problems. All my cat have been strays and one was dropped off because she was with kittens. All the loving years makes it worth it. Adopted one from the shelter this spring and some stray will come my way to add someday! Sorry for your loss Ray!

On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 7:09 PM, cobraman said:

This morning we had to have one of our cats put to sleep. She was about 18 and we rescued her when she was about 7. She had kidney failure. She was my little buddy as i am retired and spent a lot of my day with her. I am not ashamed to say I loved that little cat. She will be missed .  We really do get so very attached to our pets and they do become part of the family. I will miss you Cali.

Ray, I understand what you are saying.  After I split from my wife I took care of my mother for 3 years as she had had a stroke.  She had two dogs.  I just had to put the last one down almost two months ago.  She was 16 year old Shih Tzu.  I had her for 10 years out of the 16.  I cried like a baby the day that I took her in to the vet.  I have her pic as a screen saver.  Miss her every day.

We haven't had a pet since losing Ted the dog 3 years ago. We are away from the house 12 hrs a day so it's not feasible to train and take care of a pet. We do have a part time visiting cat named Hunter ( says so on his tag ) who comes by when I'm outside. If I'm on the ground gardening, he'll sneak up and be on my lap. Otherwise he does the leg rubs. He'll stay a bit to get pet, then he's on his way! We have no idea whose cat he is, nor does it matter. I do enjoy the visits!

I have had cat's in my life since the day my parent's brought me home from the hospital 51 years ago.

Losing a friend never get's easy.

I use to wait about a week and find/ adopt a "new hire" . I found it helped ease my grief  a bit by telling the "new guy" all about the previous cat. What behavior is to be expected..... what is "NOT " acceptable.... and just stories in general. Do the new pet's listen ? Of course not ! But that's just their personality adjusting to you...... or is it the other way around???

We currently have 13 cats so I believe I wont be getting any more any time soon. I use to take any kittens we had and wait untill they were 3 month's old and head for Wal-mart's parking lot. I would be my own "carnival Barker" and stand there and shout as loud as I could....

FREE KITTYS...... FREE  KITTY"S......EACH "GARUNTEED" TO HAVE A TAIL...... IF YOU HAVE MICE .... I HAVE THE SOLUTION......   FREE KITTY"S.   ECT...  ECT...

I never took more than an hour to find home's for kitten's. And I was kinda picky about who could have one..... I didnt just hand one to the first kid that came by. There HAD to be an adult involved.

It's not that I didnt "fix " my cats, I do, but sometimes a stray show's up before I can get them to a vet and "VIOL'A "  new employees!

I feel your pain and am sorry for your friend's passing.  I hope my "rambling's" have lightened your mood a bit.

12 hours ago, dieseldawg142 said:

amen

more i'm around people, the more I like my furry friend.....

I'll add a big 2nd to that. Never met a cat I didn't like, most dogs, anything with fur or feathers and even some scaly ones. People, I can take or leave-and most I prefer to leave.

319.JPG

307.JPG

309.JPG