Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Olds Cutlass 442/ FE3-X kit review

GMP440

On 1/6/2018 at 4:22 PM, unclescott58 said:

Another fine review by hpiguy, Chris. I'm a bit surprised he didn't put a link to this video here himself. GMP440 you beat him to it. Chris' reviews are all pretty good. I watch all of his videos dealing with models, cars or other, on YouTube. 

I always appreciate the nice words man.

I've been posting less and less here. Another user that has many more posts than I do here, more of a regular, is also doing model reviews. They are nice reviews and the guy has great skills.  I never take issue with anyone else's work and never would criticize or get jealous of anyone else for doing the same things. I thought we were all here for fun and to make models and smile. I guess some just want to piss and moan and argue and create drama over toys instead.
I seem to have attracted a lot of anger by posting mine here as well and the trolls from that channel/user's friends are coming out of the woodwork on my channel. Thumbs down on everything, really rude comments telling people that I'm horrible, I suck, and that they should go watch that other person's channel by directly plugging it and linking to it on my video comment sections, etc. 

I'm not into that childish behavior so I post less and less here. I don't need the aggravation from jealous grown men in their 30s-50s that act like 9 year olds.  I don't retaliate either. I will not stoop to that garbage.

There is PLENTY of room for all of us on the internet but they don't seem to think so and I can just avoid some of the issues by not posting reviews, in box looks, etc here nearly as much.

If you sub to my channel you'll get notices on your list that I have new stuff up.  Thanks as always. :)

59 minutes ago, hpiguy said:

I think most of the issues you mention can be eliminated by disabling the comment on your YouTube videos. For me, the videos and static reviews people post are a great way for me to see what's inside each kit and catch a glimpse of individual parts before I commit to buying, so it's mostly a one-way deal for me.

Your video reviews are always appreciated, Chris, especially since they aren't burdened with ads, goofy introductions, teasers to sell related items, etc. They are all about the model kit, as any worthwhile review should be. You definitely should keep filming them, posting them, and sharing them. :)

I'm sure the haters are just jealous of your Midwest accent, too. :D I mean, they've probably never even had a brat, fer cryin' out loud. :lol:

10 minutes ago, Casey said:

I think most of the issues you mention can be eliminated by disabling the comment on your YouTube videos. For me, the videos and static reviews people post are a great way for me to see what's inside each kit and catch a glimpse of individual parts before I commit to buying, so it's mostly a one-way deal for me.

Your video reviews are always appreciated, Chris, especially since they aren't burdened with ads, goofy introductions, teasers to sell related items, etc. They are all about the model kit, as any worthwhile review should be. You definitely should keep filming them, posting them, and sharing them. :)

I'm sure the haters are just jealous of your Midwest accent, too. :D I mean, they've probably never even had a brat, fer cryin' out loud. :lol:

Thanks Casey. I do it all for fun and will never ask people to buy stuff or send me money, etc. I did have fun with the ZZ Top build and added 2 second music video clips as transitions but that's because I was so thrilled to finally get to build that kit since I wanted it as a kid.

And you're probably right, ya dere hey!  ;)  Have a great weekend!

Edited by hpiguy

I agree with Casey - always enjoy your reviews - I look for what's in the kit and you cover everything.  On the Olds, I didn't know the kit had the stock version and extra grilles - probably what I need for my Warren Johnson 1984 Pro Stock project - so your review was exactly like what I was looking for and much appreciated.  now I'm off to look at that ZZ Top review...

Edited by Muncie

1 hour ago, hpiguy said:

I'm not into that childish behavior so I post less and less here. I don't need the aggravation from jealous grown men in their 30s-50s that act like 9 year olds.  I don't retaliate either. I will not stoop to that garbage.

Chris - I enjoy your reviews as well. 

Please don’t let the ignorant deter you from posting. People that refuse to progress past 8th grade intelligence and maturity don’t deserve the victory. 

6 hours ago, hpiguy said:

I've been posting less and less here. Another user that has many more posts than I do here, more of a regular, is also doing model reviews. They are nice reviews and the guy has great skills.  I never take issue with anyone else's work and never would criticize or get jealous of anyone else for doing the same things. I thought we were all here for fun and to make models and smile. I guess some just want to piss and moan and argue and create drama over toys instead.
I seem to have attracted a lot of anger by posting mine here as well and the trolls from that channel/user's friends are coming out of the woodwork on my channel. Thumbs down on everything, really rude comments telling people that I'm horrible, I suck, and that they should go watch that other person's channel by directly plugging it and linking to it on my video comment sections, etc. 

There is PLENTY of room for all of us on the internet but they don't seem to think so and I can just avoid some of the issues by not posting reviews, in box looks, etc here nearly as much.

If you sub to my channel you'll get notices on your list that I have new stuff up.  Thanks as always. :)

As another one that has a Youtube channel and does the same thing, I hope its not my viewers that are doing those things, I too do the videos for fun and to try and give back to the hobby,   I have no issues with your videos,  you cover the kits that I for the most part do not, so  I see us as working together to cover all the kits that get released.  

If it is my viewers , I will do whatever I can to put a stop to it, because there is no need for that c r a p .

Feel free to PM me if need be.

Edited by martinfan5

56 minutes ago, martinfan5 said:

As another one that has a Youtube channel and does the same thing, I hope its not my viewers that are doing those things, I too do the videos for fun and to try and give back to the hobby,   I have no issues with your videos,  you cover the kits that I for the most part do not, so  I see us as working together to cover all the kits that get released.  

If it is my viewers , I will do whatever I can to put a stop to it, because there is no need for that c r a p .

Feel free to PM me if need be.

Yours is Pheedens Garage, like your picture right?  Never a problem.

And even if two or ten guys build the same exact kit it's always going to be a bit different with a different idea or technique that people can learn from. That's the great thing about model making. 

People have different tastes, they like the way one guy talks or builds, etc. so they like one channel and not the next. I think that's completely fine and welcome it. I've even pointed people to other channels when they want me to work on a kit I'm not into myself but know someone else loves that type and may build it or has built it.  :)

10 minutes ago, hpiguy said:

Yours is Pheedens Garage, like your picture right?  Never a problem.

And even if two or ten guys build the same exact kit it's always going to be a bit different with a different idea or technique that people can learn from. That's the great thing about model making. 

People have different tastes, they like the way one guy talks or builds, etc. so they like one channel and not the next. I think that's completely fine and welcome it. I've even pointed people to other channels when they want me to work on a kit I'm not into myself but know someone else loves that type and may build it or has built it.  :)

Yes, Pheedens Garage is the Youtube channel,   the issue is more on the building the side ?,  you are right, everyone builds differently, and everyone might be able to offer something useful that might help a fellow builder .   There enough different ways to build a model kit , there is no reason to get upset over a few people doing videos on the same subject, that really is childish and petty.

Edited by martinfan5

7 hours ago, Casey said:

You wont find anything of that in my videos, I dont beg for likes or for people to subscribe, I dont have actual ads, I do display Scalefinishes logo, but that is because he sponsors the Garage, and that benefits you the viewer and subscriber, but you gotta watch to find out what it is ;).  I mentioned his paint at the end of the videos( most times ), but again, its not in your face.

The Youtubers that do videos for video game are some of the worst, they do 10 minute longs videos, with about 2 minutes of actual content and the other 8 is begging for you to like subscriber and other time wasting nonsense.

Edited by martinfan5

13 hours ago, hpiguy said:

Please keep posting here. Even though I do subscribe to you on YouTube. As you know I love your reviews. They're great. The others are good too. But, you seem to look at, and sometimes see things in the same warped way I do. I love your sense of humor. Don't let the internet trolls scare you away. Your reviews belong here. 

You have both saved me money, by showing me the contents of kits, that I 'thought' I wanted, and cost me money, by showing others, that were not on my radar, that I had to purchase.

Your obvious excitement and sense of fun, show through. My 8 year old Grandson and I are building the "Hex Marks the Spot" kit, and your video review and build has become our guide.

Who ever it is that is causing you trouble, "Name 'em, and Shame 'em". What lousy folks.

Thanks for your efforts. Alan